1. Wounded

A/N: Feel free to point out any typos or mistakes you notice. Enjoy!

~ Story ~

We had just finished a dangerous and tiring mission. We are now heading back to base to get all our injuries evaluated and documented. I participated in medical training as well as combat training, so I was helping out the nurse. We had gone through almost everyone. There was only one person left.

Ghost.

No one wanted to deal with him. He was cold and heartless to everyone, and I didn't know what to expect when he came into the medical room. I didn't even know if he would come into the medical room. He didn't seem like the type to show vulnerability and get checked out by a nurse.

It had been about 10 minutes since we had done everyone else. We were still waiting on Ghost. After another 5 minutes of waiting, "You can go on break, I'll wait a few more minutes for him." I politely said to the nurse. She gave me a nod and a brief "thank you" and walked out of the room, stripping the medical gloves off and throwing them out on the way to the door.

It had been 2 minutes since the nurse left, and I had started to pack up the medical supplies, thinking that Ghost wasn't going to show up. I was sterilizing the equipment when I heard the door quietly creak open. I looked behind me and saw Ghost looming in the doorway. I turned around fully to face him, "Hello Lieutenant, I didn't think you would come."

"And why is that?" He said in his raspy voice that drove me insane. "Well, I've been waiting for almost 20 minutes." I stated, looking at my watch. "Sorry to keep ya waitin' luv."
He said in his thick British accent, the nickname making me shiver.

He slowly walked over and sat on the small stool in front of the table where all the medical equipment I hadn't already put away lay. He stared at me as if processing everything I was doing. Inspecting every move I made. "What's your injury?" I asked, ignoring the stare that made my legs feel as though they would fall out from beneath me.

"Bullet wound," He said in a monotone voice, as if it was no big deal. "Bullet wound?!" I repeated. "Ghost, you got shot?!" I asked, worry evident in my voice. "Yeah. It's no big deal." He replied. Sighing, I grabbed all the equipment I would need and started sterilizing it. "Where?" I asked. "Shoulder." He replies curtly. My cheeks heat up at the thought of seeing his toned body shirtless.

I turned my head to try and hide my slight blush. "You're gonna need to take all your gear and shirt off." I said shyly. As I cleaned the supplies, I watched out of the corner of my eye as he started stripping off everything hiding the wound, including his shirt. My cheeks got hotter as he pulled the shirt off over his head, his happy trail showing as he leaned back to coax the shirt off, grunting in the process.

I quickly realized I was staring and turned back to the object in my hand, using it as a distraction, hoping he wouldn't notice the crimson tint to my cheeks. I then turned and looked at him, trying to act as if my undies weren't completely soaked in arousal. (relatable) I slid my rolling stool over to his right side to take a better look at the wound. There was an exit hole, so i wouldn't be needing tweezers, which is good. I started cleaning the wound when I noticed how close I was to Ghost. I glanced up and saw he was already looking at me.

I didn't realize I was staring at his honey brown eyes until he cleared his throat. I snapped out of it and looked back down at his wound in embarrassment. Suddenly, I felt a firm hand under my chin, gently pushing my face back up to look at him. My eyes trailed from where his lips would be, up his skull mask, and eventually meeting his beautiful eyes, surrounded by dark eye black.