Bloody Pavement

En başından başla

"It was bad, bad" Bonnie insisted.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena asked.

"I'm just concerned. This is me expressing my concern about my best friend's new boyfriend."

"And I love you for it, I do." Elena stressed, "But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." Bonnie nodded, and Lyn looked down, wishing things were getting back to normal for her, too.

"Good morning, Elena, Good morning, Bonnie, Lyn," Stefan walked over and greeted them.

"You know, I gotta go find Caroline. She's not answering her phone." Bonnie excused herself,

"I'll join you." Lyn said, following after Bonnie,

"Bonnie, wait up!" Lyn called.

"Sorry, I just, I don't know."

"It's okay," Lyn reassured her.

"Not to sound rude, but what are you doing? I thought you liked Stefan?" She asked,

"No, I do, I do, it's just..." Lyn trailed off.

"What?" Bonnie pushed.

"I love Elena, and I love that she's happy. It's just hard to watch it while I still feel lost." Lyn explained. Bonnie gave a sympathetic smile and wrapped Lyn in a one-sided hug.

"It will get better for you, too, Lyn. Speaking as your resident witch, I predict that you will find an epic love." Lyn smiled and squeezed Bonnie's shoulder

🦇🦇🦇

As Lyn took notes, she glanced over at Bonnie's paper to see her obsessively drawing numbers on her page instead of taking notes, which was weird because Bonnie wasn't a doodler. "World War II ended in? "Mr. Tanner asked. He waited for a moment before letting out a frustrated sigh. "Anyone got anything?"

"1945," Lyn said, not looking up from her notes.

"Correct," Tanner said before broaching his next question. "Pearl Harbor?" He noticed Elena and Stefan whispering. "Miss Gilbert?" Noticing her sister had not been paying attention, Lyn took up the opportunity that he had not specified which Miss Gilbert. When she opened her mouth to speak, though, he stopped her. "Not you, Emalyn, I know you know. Elena?" Elena looked lost for a second before Stefan swooped in.

"December 7, 1941," He stated,

"Thank you, Elena." He crooned, making the class chuckle.

"Anytime." Tanner took this as a challenge.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin Wall?"

"1989," Stefan said without hesitation. "I'm good with dates, sir."

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year." Stefan nodded. "Civil Rights Act?"

"1964."

"John F. Kennedy assassination?"

"1963."

"Martin Luther King."

"'68"

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe versus Wade."

"1973."

"Brown versus Board."

"1954."

"The Battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Koren war."