Caleb's locker (Dont mind the Jane Austen)

Start from the beginning

Again I said nothing.

"Did I do something wrong?"

I said nothing.

She touched my hand and I looked at directly in her eyes. "What happened?" she said.

"I... uh..." it's too difficult to stay mad at her. "Sorry, I couldnt hear you. You know, ear thing," I gestured to one side of my face.

"That's the wrong ear."

"Hey guys." Max and Lili joined us, saving me from a lot of bad excuses. Max took one look between the two of us. "Is this... tension that I'm sensing?"

Sadie avoided the question by nodding her head at a teacher who was at the library front desk. "Who's that?"

"That is... Mr Damien." Max explained. "He's the french teacher."

"What he is, is super fucking hot." Lili commented.

"I know, right? Half the girls in this class have been trying to fuck him for ages. Especially Jessica Alton. Unfortunately for her, he's interested in the librarian."

"Um, no way?" I said.

"Yes way. Mr Damien can barely speak English, so Mr Anderson helps him sometimes. It's actually so adorable."

Lili furrowed her eyebrows. "But the librarian, he's such a... nerd."

"Unaquainted love is the best love." Max smiled in their direction and opened the book that was in her lap. Lili put her airpods in and hhad her eyes on her phone. Sadie got up and left.

I glanced at my phone. I had a message from Noah

Nowaaahh

Turn around slowly

Behind your head, there is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and Savage Island by Bryony Pearce

Remove both books and look through the space in the shelf

And don't say a single word

I did as he asked, and put the two books on the floor. Max and Lili were in their own worlds, so they barely noticed that Noah was on the other side of the shelf.

He didn't say anything out loud, but he gestured wildly towards the door and I knew what I had to do. I put the books back in their places and packed my bag, then left.

------------------

Thats how Noah and I ended up running down the hallway. I have never managed to figure out why exactly we were running, but we stopped at Caleb's locker.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, while he fumbled around in his pocket and brought out a small piece of paper.

"I'm doing you a favor," he stopped what he was doing and hugged me. "I'm sorry for being bitchy."

I was a little surprised for a second. "It's okay. You weren't being bitchy. I was an asshole. I should be apologizing. Besides, it wasn't even that big of a deal. I really didn't care about that."

He pulled away. "Great. Now," he unfolded the small paper. "I got Caleb's locker combination. If anything can confirm that Sadie is actually cheating on you, it could be in here."

My eyes widened in surprise. "How did you-"

"Gaten." he simply replied, and I didn't ask further questions.

He played with the lock for a few seconds, then I heard a click. He grinned, clearly pleased with himself and swung the door open. But the second Caleb's locker was open, probably hundreds of books fell out. My jaw hung open as I stared at the mess in front of me. My eyes scanned the names of the books.