𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 - 𝐕

Remi sat in the office silently, finishing up the documents Yamato had given to her. She sighs when remembering the confrontation that had occurred between her and his girlfriend, or so she says.

Exhaustion hit Remi in vital areas. She attempted to stay awake, but everything shut down within a millisecond. She felt herself fall onto the desk and immediately drain into a deep slumber.

Her head gently lays across the medium-sized document stack that she hadn't finished.

"My mother made dinner and..." Yamato walked in the office, immediately trailing off his sentence as he witnessed his assistant sleeping peacefully on the important documents he assigned to her. His eyes widened, sprinting over to her in the midst of wanting to save his papers.

"Sleeping on the job gets you nowhere." He mentioned as Remi awakened, feeling Yamato snatch the stack of documents from underneath her head. "If you're hungry then come down for dinner.. if not then go home." The door slammed behind Yamato as he carried the documents out with him. Remi waited until he was fully gone to let a saddened whine as she leaned back in the office chair.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Remi?" She subconsciously murmured to herself. The disappointment rained over her as she sat in silence with her bottom lip slightly poking out.

She sighed, accepting her fate as she went downstairs to have dinner with the Hamada Family.

—15 minutes later

"It was pleasure having you over.." Mrs. Hamada says to Remi. Remi couldn't do anything but softly smile at the middle-aged woman. They both stood over the kitchen while washing the dishes together as Yamato's girlfriend stood from afar with a scrunched face and crossed arms.

While having a smooth conversation with Mrs. Hamada, Remi's phone started vibrating. Remi excused herself as she stepped outside to answer her phone.

The contact name had shown the name, Kami. Remi looked around as she attempted to secure her surroundings before she answered the phone.

With a deep breath, Remi finally answered the phone. "Hello?" She slightly pulls the phone back from her ear as Kami screamed her lungs off through the phone speaker about Remi being at the Hamada residence. "It's okay.. calm down." Remi reassures as they start their conversation.

"Yeah I know.. I've been here since 11. It's been fun and all, but there are some pros and cons to this family." Remi says quietly, not wanting anyone to hear her conversation.

Kami couldn't believe what Remi was saying. How can the Hamada Family have pros and cons? They're known as the perfect family in Japan. So there should be no problems when it comes to talking about this family. "And can you believe Yamato has a girlfriend.. I don't understand their relationship very well, but there's some writing on the wall that says their relationship is forced." Remi says as she carefully looked around, making sure no one heard her.

Remi began to open her mouth to speak again, but she somehow felt a presence behind her. She breathes in heavily and slowly turned around to face whomever was behind her.

Yamato stood there with his stone-cold face. "Jesus!" Remi screeched as she dropped her phone from the random scare. He still stood there silently as he watches her pick her phone up and immediately hang up the call she was having. "What're you doing? I've been looking for you." He says.

Remi pushes her hair behind her ear, nervously chuckling. "I was um... I had to take a phone call.. nothing too serious." She reassures.

Yamato stands in silence. He wasn't buying anything that was coming out her mouth.

"A phone call that involves my family?" He says.

Remi stays in silence. There was no reason to lie to him anymore, he heard most of the conversation and there was no point of trying to hide the fact that she was talking about his family.

She rubs her hand together, trying to make them less sweaty.

"Sir.. I assure you. It was nothing of that matter. Me and my mother were having a mere conversation.." Remi reassures with a nervous smile.

Yamato stares her up and down. "It doesn't matter who you were talking to, don't say anything to anyone about my family... unless you love this job.. I advise you to not make that mistake again." He threatens.

Remi stood in silence, watching him head back in the house. She looks down at the ground then up at the sky. Remi sighs as she runs her right hand through her hair while putting her left hand on her hip.

It was her second day, and she was messing up. Remi sighs again as she walked down the driveway, heading to her car.

—at remi's apartment

Remi walks in her apartment. She sighed, launching her house keys on the kitchen counter. She takes her shoes off, throwing them to the middle of the living room floor.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I'm used to being an undercover journalist, so why am I messing everything up?" She questions to herself.

Remi walked in her room, shutting the door behind her as she starts to undress herself. She walks in the bathroom and immediately turns on the shower.

She wanted to release the tension on her shoulders. She stands in the shower, letting the water run down her body. She lathers up in soap as she started to think about the situation between her and Yamato.

knock!

knock!

knock!

Remi turns off the shower. She stands in silence for moment, her brows started furrowing in confusion. Who would come to a person's home at twelve in the morning?

She embraces a towel around her body. She hurries to the front door, looking through the peephole. Her eyes widened when she saw Yamato standing in front of her door.

Remi slightly opened the door, peeking her head from behind it. "I... Is there something you need me to do?" She questioned with a soft smile.

Yamato stares at her in confusion. "Are you not going to let me in? Do you want to keep your job?" He threatens.

Yamato was getting used to saying that. Threatening to fire Remi scared her, but at the same time she knew he wasn't going to do anything like that to her.

"I currently can't right now... but, I can take whatever you're trying to hand off." She says.

She definitely trying to waste time since she was behind the door in a towel. It would be even more embarrassing to stand in a towel in front of her boss after the altercation they had earlier.

"Open the door or you're fired."