Chapter 1.

A/N: this is my very first fanfiction so it may not be that good- feedback will be very much appreciated!!

Marinette's head spun. She couldn't be falling for him, right? Her best friend, the funniest person she'd ever met had always expressed his love for her, but she'd never felt the same.

until now.

As chat offered her his hand, having saved her from a blast from the akuma, she felt her heart race. His messy blond  hair was perfectly blowing in the wind, a cat-like grin on his face as his piercing green eyes glared into hers. Those eyes. So soothing and protective, she could just lose herself in them. They were the colour of mint tea, her favourite. They provided a comfort she found in nothing else.

"uh, ladybug, are you alright?" he questioned.  always so thoughtful she thought to herself

"ladybug" he said lightly louder

"o-AH yes uh, just stunned thats all. lets get back to the akuma" she proclaimed, slightly shocked at her uncoordination.
~~~~~
"Pound it"
~~~~~
"I can't believe this, tikki! It's CHAT. I don't LOVE Chat Noir! I can't love chat noir!" she rambled, the kwami having been listening to the monologue for at least 10 minutes, only nibbling at her macaroon to soothe herself.

"marinette, think about it. you love adrien, not chat. you're just confused is all." tikki was trying to be supportive- it wasn't proving to be effective.

"yes tikki i'm in love with adrien, perfect, dreamy adrien with his kind smile and his words of encouragement. hes always there for me and he looks so good in that superhero costume we're going to get married and have three kids and a hamster."

"marinette" tikki groaned

"GAH, I DONT WANT THREE KIDS WITH CHAT NOIR, I DON'T LOVE HIM, DO I?"

"follow what your heart wants marinette not your head. Chat Noir loves you and adrien does not. If hes what you want I say you should go for it."

"i mean, sure chat is funny, hes caring and so, so handsome but it's too dangerous tikki."

"whatever you say, marinette"
~~~~
As marinette brushed her teeth and removed her hair from her signature pigtails, all she could think of was chat. as she combed through the tangled knots in her hair., she wondered: Why was she so mesmerized and lost at the thought of him earlier? why would he have this effect on her? She loved adrien, surely she couldn't have feelings for that silly alley cat.

She must have been dizzy from the akuma, she'd been feeling off lately. surely thats what it was. She applied her 5-step skincare routine onto her freshly showered face: she had always prioritized skincare- especially with the dust, blood and grime her face had encountered over the months of superhero activities she had endured. Keeping her face fresh and spotless was essential if she ever wanted to end up eith chat noir. ADRIEN. not chat.

she prepared her school bag for tommorow all whilst mentally preparing herself for the onslaught of questions from Alya about her superhero duties last night. Sometimes she regretted telling Alya her secret. Especially now Alya caught her little trance on camera yesterday. it will take a lot of convincing that she doesnt love chat.