Chapter 66: Hold My Girl

Start from the beginning

"Dobby is happy to help mister Harry Potter," he asserted, his head held high and proud.

"Sarah McCauley, she's- She's my family. She's all I have left. And she's hurt. She's been taken by Death Eaters but I don't know where, I don't know how to find her but I know she's hurt badly," rambled Harry horridly, "Please, try to find out where she is, if we could get her out."

"Dobby will do that, Harry Potter."

"Thank you. So much Dobby, thank you," he took one of Dobby's hands and shook his gently. Then Harry's head snapped towards Ron when he heard him say, "We need to tell the Order."

"Dobby can gather the messers if you wish, it's hardly traceable whenever an elf uses magic," suggested Dobby.

"It's too risky getting them here-" urged Harry, "She's already in danger, I can't have them all-"

"We need to get together for her sake. At least Fred and George. Fred hasn't been doing that well since she went missing by what I heard on the Potterwatch. Fred hasn't cracked a single joke," said Ron sternly, then looked between Harry and Hermione with wide eyes to get them to understand the seriousness of the situation, "Fred!"

"Ron's right. If she does wind up here, Fred will want to be with her. So will she," agreed Hermione.

Harry was still reluctant but who was he to contradict that. He simply shrugged and prayed it will end up all right. He didn't agree or disagree and Hermione and Ron took that as the closest to Harry getting on board.

Dobby had stuck to his promise and in short space of a quarter of an hour, Fred, George and Selena were brought into the Head-Quarters. Dobby had found the three of them standing awake around the kitchen counter of the twins' flat. To Fred that could only mean one of two things. Either there was hope for the first time in weeks, or it will forever be obliterated.

When he apparated on the soft rug in the hallway of the Head-Quarters, he pushed by his brother and Selena, half-expecting to see Sarah standing in that living room but it was empty. Harry was sitting with Hermione and a table in the meeting room and when Harry saw Fred his face fell apart. He was scared to tell him what he felt. What he thought was happening. He didn't know how to phrase it.

"What happened, Harry? You tell me right now-" he took two forceful steps towards him, his face contorted in worry, "Why aren't you saying anything-" he voice faltered when he saw the trio stand there quietly. "Tell me, Harry," Fred pleaded quietly.

"Glad to see you're alive all of you, you'll excuse Fred's lack of observation and empathy," whispered George, leaning towards the trio. "We're all really worried."

"Her magic faltered. I felt it," admitted Harry reluctantly, watching the little color left in Fred's face fade away, "I don't know what happened. I asked Dobby to search for her."

"An elf? They are Death Eaters! It's Voldemort!" George and Selena's eyes widened. This was the first time he'd spoken his name. Fred seemed to be determined to do anything if it meant Sarah will end up all right. "They're torturing her! Do you realize that? And she's probably past exhaustion. Her magic didn't falter back in your fourth year! Crouch didn't manage to weaken her enough although he had been horrid. Can you imagine what is happening to her now?!"

Fred was pacing frantically, his hands rubbing his face and his chest tightening in horror, imaging her screams and wails, and all he could do now was simply stand here angrily and panic. He felt useless.

"Dobby is our best option, don't think for a second he's less capable than any of us. He saved me countless times, if someone can find her and get her out, it's him," stated Harry then took a big breath and looked right at Fred. "She's every bit of family I have left. Believe me, Fred. I wouldn't have done anything if I wasn't confident."