2) Naveena

Nedd cleared his throat, looking at me as Robb and I stepped up beside him. The three of us followed the King, who strode through the crypts like a man with purpose, something scarcely seen by him these days.

"Well, Lady Naveena, what mischief have you gotten up to lately?"

"Oh, but where to begin, Lord Stark?" I mused, a hint of mystery lacing my tone.

"Tell them what you did to your maid," Robert said over his shoulder, turning another corner.

Nedd frowned down at me with an alarmed expression. "This can't be good."

"No, no, nothing too serious," I assured. "It was simply really hot during the first few days of travel and I required a bath, really required one. My beautiful maid Tilly drew one up for me but I thought perhaps she would also like a bath," I trailed off, scratching behind my ear in feigned sheepishness. "So I pushed her in, clothes and all. She didn't seem to appreciate it."

"Heard the squawking from the other side of camp," Robert muttered up ahead.

"What else did I do?" I pondered. "Single-handedly broke into the mess wagon and stole two bottles of wine, drunk them both myself, and Robert tells me I interrupted a meeting to which I wasn't invited by dancing on top of a table."

Both men on either side of me chuckled, Nedd shaking his head with a fond smile. "You certainly haven't quieted down into the lady Lord Arryn hoped you would become."

"Perhaps he shouldn't have been the one to teach me swordplay then."

The three of us fell silent as the King slowed and faced the beautifully carved statue. This was the real reason the King had ventured so far underground and brushed off the Queen. The statue had been moulded into the likeness of Lady Lyanna Stark, Nedd's sister and Robert's betrothed before Prince Rhaegar Targaryen kidnapped and killed her. The Targaryen's actions had ignited the rebellion against the Dragon throne and King Robert Baratheon had won. Now, over a decade later, he was still as disinterested in ruling as he was in living without his beloved Lyanna.

Robert was no stranger to women and whores, and there was a significant difference between the two. Not all his escapades were questionable women working in brothels. The man probably had over a hundred bastards. Even before the war, when he'd pledged his love for the Stark girl, it had not stopped him from seeking the warmth of a woman. Nedd said little of his sister but I wondered if Lyanna had known that Robert's supposed love for her would not lead to a happy and faithful marriage. "Sometimes, I weep for what could have been," He whispered, placing a single eagle feather into the statue's cupped hands.

My brother turned to face me but his watery gaze snagged on Robb standing beside me. The glance between us and the silence was pointed. "Don't be foolish, Robert," I scolded, trying to keep my tone light as the two Stark men caught on to what the King implied. "Robb is Lord Stark's heir. He would need to remain here in Winterfell and should marry a northern girl of noble birth, as is proper." I emphasised the last bit.

"You are a Baratheon." Robert's stubbornness knew no bounds. He'd been spoiled these last few years under the title of 'King'.

"I am a Baratheon in name only," My voice rose in the hollow space and Nedd tensed as Robb awkwardly glanced between the three of us, not knowing exactly what to do. "I am most likely a bastard and most certainly of common birth. Just because you accepted me into your family does not mean that Nedd would want to taint his great house also."

Nedd raised his hand, knowing things were about to quickly get out of hand. "I think the proposal is a generous one," Everyone looked to Nedd, the King and I standing opposite each other fuming. "Your Majesty, to offer your beloved sister as a bride to my son and heir is a privilege and something I will most definitely consider. Again, I will have to consult with my wife."