𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

Start from the beginning

     "Fuck", Elizabeth mutters under her breath as she brings her hands up to her head, her unkept and tangled golden locks falling in front of her face.

     "Liz", Polly whispers as she begins to connect the dots in her head, "Tell me what happened."

     After what seemed to be an explanation without a single breath for air from the Alder girl, Polly sat in silence as she absorbed it all - not even the sound of a rustling fire to fill the space.

     The look of hurt, betrayal, confusion, and anger all shown on the golden haired girl's face in front of her. Commonly known when together is called heartbreak; Something Polly Gray herself knew well.

     I thought he loved me Pol, the soft breaking voice of Elizabeth Alder repeats in the back of her mind.

     With a furrowed brow, Polly gently pulls the heartbroken golden girl in for a hug, knowing words aren't what she needed at the time. Words can be said later. At the time, Polly knew best, that what Liz needed was comfort and support.

...

     "You sure you want to—", "Yes", Elizabeth says quickly with a deep breath as she and Polly stand just outside the green doors of the betting shop in the Shelby home.

     According to Polly, today was the day Thomas had set for something big. No one really knew what it was or when it would be, all Elizabeth ever heard was him call it black star day - and apparently that was today.

Thomas Shelby and his secrets.

After freshening up and moral support from Polly, Elizabeth found herself at the Shelby home awaiting a meeting regarding the big news. Reluctant would be a lighter term to what the golden girl felt about leaving her home, much less stepping foot into the home next to hers, but her curiosity (with a little side of convincing from her aunt) in the end won the battle.

Polly looks back once more for assurance before opening the green doors, revealing everyone inside. With a deep breath and a brave face Elizabeth walk in behind her aunt, being sure to close the doors behind her.

     At the front of the room stood Thomas, as usual, in a perfectly pressed dove grey suit with intricate gold buttons and a fresh, stark white pocket square on his left breast; John and Esme to his left, and Arthur on their left. The others in the room were other familiar faces of peaky blinders in their usual get-up.

     With the sound of the doors closing, Thomas Shelby move his eyes from his shoes and almost stumbles back at the sight of his golden haired girl. His Ellie.

     To the ocean eyed boy it somehow felt like he had gone another ten years without seeing her, despite it being only a few days. The days without her touch seemed to pass at an achingly slow pace.

     As she proceeded closer he could not refrain from admiring, regardless of the eyes of his guests on him as they await his message.

     Her hair neatly flowed down her back freely - noticeably still a little damp, her freshly washed skin glistened in the light that poured into the shop - his hand aching to feel how soft it was, and for a brief moment her hazel eyes met his. His body wanted to move towards hers, like a magnet finding its matching half, but the moment her eyes quite obviously diverted from his in no more than a second sent a rather uneasy feeling into the pit of his stomach.