Chapter 1: Unknown and No Tantrums

Narrates _______(Your name):

I threw away all my books and pencils when I walked through the door of my house. It was the last day of high school, I sighed and released my hair from the ponytail I was forced to wear at school.

I wanted to continue studying mechanical engineering at a university but having finished high school was already a relief.

My mobile rang and I picked it up, my father.

- My daughter! You have to come urgently to the hotel downtown - my father shouted scaring me.

- Has something happened? -- I said exaggeratedly worried.

- You come and that's it -- he said and cut me off.

I got upset and grabbed the house keys to lock the door on my way out. I ran to a corner hoping that a taxi would pick me up but it was as if I was invisible or had Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

I ran two more streets but I was in terrible shape; although I was at my ideal weight it wasn't for sport, I just ate tons of junk food and never gained an ounce.

I made one more effort and ran to catch the bus. Success. I sighed and thought of my father. The three of us lived together in Spain, Zaragoza, with my mother. My father travelled a lot for his job and I, well, I was studying or hanging out with my friends. In case you're wondering who my father is, well, he's Lin, Lin Jarvis. I barely know that he works on a motorbike thing.

The bus stopped and I got off exhausted.

I entered the hotel and looked around, but there was no sign of my father; I looked deeper for him with my eyes but it was useless. I walked and saw a rather tall man, his hair was a bit 

curly and his colour was blond.

I walked hurriedly to ask him and he turned around so suddenly that we both collided and I fell to the ground.

- Excuse me sir -- I spoke almost silently, I was shy, very shy; she looked at me and smiled.

I could feel her looking me up and down. I was wearing my high school uniform, I hadn't even changed my clothes at 

home in my haste.

I blushed quickly, there was something I hated about myself 

and that was that I blushed like a tomato easily.

In a matter of seconds I was already red as red can be.

He stood in front of me and helped me up.

- I'm Valentino, Valentino Rossi -- he introduced himself and I smiled shyly.

- I'm ________ Jarvis -- I said and shook his outstretched hand.

- Lin's daughter? -- he wanted to know and I nodded.

- I've been looking for him for a long time and I can't find him -

- I mentioned apologetically, avoiding his gaze.

- Shall I help you? -- he asked.

- It would be easier for me to find it," I confessed.

- Come -- he said and held out his hand to me again; I hesitated for a moment whether to take it or not, but in the end I took it.

I walked along with him, it was strange but there were a lot of people and I could get lost. Was that a good enough excuse to hold hands with a stranger?

He led me through the corridors of the hotel and I followed him, he was a danger, he could rape me or kidnap me to sell my organs and cut off my feet. I was being very exaggerated, wasn't I?

I suppressed these macabre and childish thoughts as best I could.

We came to a room and he pointed to my father.

- Thank you... -- I whispered in relief.

- You're welcome -- he smiled.

- How do you know my father? What do you do for a living? -- I asked curiously.

- You don't know who I am? -- he asked, pretending to be offended.

I laughed sheepishly and denied.

- You could say I'm a pilot -- he doubted his words and then I pretended to believe him.

- Sure, whatever. Bye -- I shook my hand and walked towards my father.

My dad introduced me to some guys, they were adults and Korean. I got bored and didn't understand why my dad called 

me until he spoke to me separately.

- Daughter, I, I called you -- he said and I laughed.

- Yes, and you still haven't told me why -- I spoke.

- Well, I'm planning something and I hope you don't throw another one of your tantrums," he said and I rolled my eyes.

She had like a whole range of personalities, she was shy and curious and whimsical and a million other things that probably didn't have a name.

Nothing matched anything.

- I want you to come with me to the MotoGP races," she said and my eyes widened. What could I know about motorbikes?

- No!" I shrieked and complained.

- Daughter, please don't start -- he proposed and I refused.

I looked at him seriously and crossed my arms.

- Do what you want, but you should know that if you want to study mechanical engineering there you will learn things that you can use -- he said seriously.

- OK, fine... but just know that I didn't miss anything there.

Note from the author:

The spaces like this __________ are for you to put your name.

You all know who Lin Jarvis is, don't you?

Well he's the chief mechanic in Valentino's team.