Gurukul PT. 2

Karn smiled and looked at the sky "Just wait one more day GURUDEV .I'll be there to visit you very soon."

1000 of miles away from Hastinapur, a sage in prayer opened his eyes and smiled in delight. After ages and ages he was finally going to meet him.

The evening that the pandavas and the Kauravas left for their ashrams Bheeshm went to the banks of the river Ganga. He was happy with Karna's influence on his grandsons. But something about him seemed so familiar. Whenever he saw karn he felt like he was seeing his own grandson. Karn was the embodiment of all the values he envisioned in his grandson. He was a kind benevolent person who wasnt bound by the rules of society. He was a walking whirlpool who was a friend to those who he liked and would make his enemies experience hell. Bheeshm needed to confirm with my mother who Karn really was because there is no way he really is a mere charioteer's son.
He soon reached the shores of the Ganga. He felt an immediate sense of peace as he looked on at the mighty river flowing through as if nothing in the world mattered but her. The air shimmered as Devi Ganga appeared sensing the turmoil of her son. She smiled as she saw Bheeshm's face light just at the sight of her. No matter how much a child might grow, just one sight of its mother would make it calm.
Ganga: Kya Hua putr aaj apne man mein itna pareshaan kyun hai? (what happened son? Why are you so troubled today?)
Bheeshm: Mata aapko tho sab Pata hai. Kaun hai yeh karn mata? Use dekhte hi aisa kyun lagta hain jaise wo mera khoon hai? Apne hriday mein Dard kyun Hota hain jab wo mujhse mahamahim kehta air pitamah nahin? Aisa kya hai uske pass mata? (Mother you already know everything. Who is this Karn? Why do I feel like he is of my blood as soon as I see him? Why does my heart ache when he calls me royal elder and not as grandfather? What does he have mother?)
Ganga smiled at her son and looked behind him. She gestured her son to turn around and follow her which the latter did silently. She took him to a spot where Kunti and Karn were sitting. On seeing bheeshm's confused glance Ganga nodded at Kunti to explain.
Kunti: Pranam taathshree Hum samajhthe hain ki aap bahut hi vyakul hi Karn ki baare mein. (Greetings uncle . I understand that you are confused about Karn.)
The latter just smiled and sat down comfortably next to her to which Kunti looked at him and gave him a mock glare as she knew he was not gonna take any part in the explanation.
Kunti: Devi Ganga ne kaha ki aapko isko dekhkar aisa laga ki wo aap ka hi khoon hai. Aapka yeh ehsaas bilkul Sach. Yeh mera jyesht putr hai Karn. (Devi ganga had told that you had a feeling he was of your blood after seeing him. Your feeling is completely true because this is my eldest son Karn).
Bheeshm looked at her in shock and then at Karn as he smiled and bent down to touch his feet. Bheeshm blessed him but was still completely shocked. Kunti started explaining everything from her boon to how she met Karn.

Flashback:
After karn had reconciled he decided to return home. As he passed through the Ganga river, he saw two women sitting and talking. Well more like arguing. He went closer and realized that it was his birth mother Kunti and her maid Priyamvada. He listened closely and was not surprised at the fact that the topic of conversation was himself.

Kunti: Pata nahi kaha hai mera putr. Wo teekh hai yeh toh mujhse Pata kyunki wo radha ki haathon mein hai Aur radha toh meri behen jaisi hai. Kaash mein use mil paati.( I don't know where my son is. I know he is fine because he is in the hands of radha who is like my own sister. I wish I could meet him)
Priyamvada: Tum uske bare mein kyun sochte ho Kunti. Wo ek galti hai tumhara bachpan ka galti. Aur mujhse nahi Pata radha kya soch rahi tho isko godh mein leke. Uska wajah se tumhara naam kalankit hojayegi.( Why are you thinking about him Kunti? He is a mistake of your childhood. And I don't know why radha took him in. Because of him your name will get spoilt.)
Kunti: PRIYAMVADA ! APNI PUTR KI BAARE MEIN EK AUR SHABD BOLI TUNE THO TUM APNI JAAN KE SAATH NAHI BACH PAAOGE! (PRIYAMVADA! IF YOU SAY ONE MORE WORD ABOUT MY SON THEN I'LL END YOUR LIFE)
??? : Arey tumhe karne ke liye koi zarurat nahi hai Kunti. Tumhara putr tho uske liye thayaar hai. ( you don't have to do that Kunti your son is more than ready to)
Kunti ma got shocked and turned around. Her eyes filled with tears as she saw Radha ma standing there with a smile on her face. I saw Radha ma signal at me to come out of my hiding spot. I smiled and came out with a grin.
Karn: Mata mujhe tho aaj itna Khushi mil gayi hai. Mera pehle maa mujhe aaj mil gayi hai. Ab do do maathein ki laad dulaar milegi. (Ma i am So Happy today. I have met my first mother and now I'll get double the same amount of love)
Kunti felt her eyes well up as she ran upto her son and hugged him tightly. She kept mumbling sorry. Karn smiled and took her hands in his.
Karn: Ma mein aapko dekhkar bahut khush hoon. Aap ko ab aur yeh bhoj uthane ki zaroorat nahi hai. (MA you don't have to be sorry or carry this burden anymore. I am happy to be here).
Both mother and son turned to see Radha glaring at priyamvadha and shouting at her for Demeaning Karn. Karn stopped her and warned Priyamvada about her status who nodded. Priyamvadha understood that now it wouldnt be possible to make karn disappear and quietly accepted his existence.
Kunti asked about the Pandavas but Karn just smiled and assured that his brothers were in good hands.