002.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. A SIREN'S SILENCE! .*・。.
————ROMANCE DAWN
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

002.
THE DEMON.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
River thought about the boys from the tavern a lot, that night. The one with green hair, she had learnt, was a pirate hunter. An infamous one at that.

The Demon.

Dramatic but fitting. You didn't get names like that without reason, not around these parts. Maybe he was a demon for pirates but an angel among children; not many pirate hunters would have protected Rika like that. Not many civilians would have either. He had acted honourably for the sake of a young girl — or, maybe he just disliked idiot marines.

He wouldn't have been the only one.

Regardless, he was fit to slaughter a sea witch. River had been thinking of that until morning rose.

   She had been thinking about the one with the straw hat too. It turns out he wasn't really anybody. No one notable anyways. Not to the tavern drinkers in Shells Town, her main sources of information, who couldn't even murmur a name as they spoke in hushed whispers. No one cared enough to know it, or him, besides River. She had noticed him, how strange he was. And as she tossed and turned upon the stack of old sheets in the corner of Rika's room, River couldn't quite get him out of her mind. She wasn't sure why. She doubted he would help her kill a sea witch.

   Maybe it was the eyes.

But he was a thought for another time. She wanted to focus on the pirate hunter — the Demon. According to what she overheard from tavern regulars as she loitered behind the bar that morning, the Demon was known for his skill, yet had found himself strung up in the Marine Base Courtyard.