one.

PEYTON HOLLOWAY usually loved the fair. She liked having fun with her friends, eating cotton candies and sweets, just having a good time. But that year was different and the thought of going to the fair was dreadful to her.

       She broke up with her boyfriend during the summer and now she didn't want to go at the fair nor at school, she didn't even want to go shopping because she was scared to run into him. Her cousin Sofia made her come, saying that she loved it and that she couldn't missed it because of Allan, but now Sofia was with her boyfriend and Peyton was by herself.

       She saw her friends PJ and Josie. They weren't very close but the three girls knew each other since they were babies so they still paled around together sometimes.

       "PJ, Josie!" she called as she approached them. The two girls slowed down so the Holloway girl could catch them and they started walking again together. "How was your summer?"

       "Nothing happened. Literally, nothing." PJ rolled her eyes and Josie nodded in agreement. "This whole town is so boring."

        "What about your summer? We didn't see you once." Josie looked at the brunette.

        "I was counselor at summer camp for a few weeks. And then I just stayed home, sleeped and binged watch tv shows." Peyton replied. She didn't mention the breakup.

       "Were there hot women at your camp? Maybe we should apply for next year." PJ declared.

        Before Peyton could answer, their school friend Hazel Callahan stepped up. She was wearing black pants and a blazer assorted on her white shirt. Hazel was the nicest person you could met, she was just always trying to help everyone with everything. She couldn't understand sarcasm and was kind of clumsy but that was a personality trait Peyton liked about her.

        Hazel grinned as she stopped in front of them. "Hey, guys."

        "Hi, Hazel." Josie and Peyton greeted.

        "Ugh, hey, Hazel. How was your summer?" PJ asked, clearly annoyed since Hazel was hiding her view of the cheerleaders. "Were you with your uncle at the slop farm?"

        "If you mean volunteering at the National Meet Assotiation, yeah, it was good." Hazel smirked. "What are you guys doing here? You guys never come to the fair. Except you, Peyton, you're here every year."

        The blonde girl took a sip of her drink through her straw with a smile. She was indeed there every year, she just didn't think Hazel noticed it.

       Hazel's eye found the sling wrapped around Josie's arm. "What happened to your arm?"

        "Oh my God, she ate shit is what happened." PJ chuckled in a mocking tone.

        Hazel laughed. "She ate literal shit? What the fuck?"

        The three girls stared at her. As it was said, Hazel couldn't understand sarcasm and they all knew it but it was still surprising them all the time.

        "Did you get beat up again?" Hazel continued, unuware of the perplexity she caused.

        Josie sighed. "No, I just tripped—"

        "Or where you jumped? Was it spycam? Did you go to Juvie?" Hazel exclaimed.

        Josie snorted but PJ rolled her eyes in derision. "Yeah, we went to Juvie."

        "Oh my God, it was Juvie?" the dark-haired girl asked, still not picking up the sarcasm.

         Peyton shooked her head with an amused look as she used her straw to stir her drink. Hazel's obliviousness was quite entertaining.