Izuku looked so peaceful, and as Katsuki approached both him and the mid-morning light he felt peace settle into his bones as well. He carefully wrapped his arms around his husband’s waist, leaning up to kiss at his neck before shifting down to nuzzle his rounding belly. Izuku let out a sweet little giggle, one hand moving to cradle Katsuki’s head from where he had put it against Izuku’s stomach.

He hummed at the fingers running through his hair, Izuku’s voice gentle and soothing. “hey Kacchan. I missed you, Sweetheart.” He crooned into Katsuki’s hair, rubbing his face against Katsuki’s head.

But then Katsuki looked up.

And the only thing he saw was white hot anger at the big, blooming bruise on Izuku’s left cheek. It painted his Baby’s silky skin an ugly, feverish purple. “a bruise? Who did this to you? Who touched you – I’ll kill them.” He asked Izuku, stomach quickly abandoned in favor of cradling his husband’s face as he looked firmly into his eyes.

Izuku met him with a smile, the soft tink of the coffee mug being set on the table the only sound for a moment. “funnily enough, the same client who didn’t want to pay us. He had asked me for a favor and I met him at our agreed meeting spot, but then he recognized me.” Izuku explained, his hands coming up to hold Katsuki’s over his face.

“that…” Katsuki started, but was cut off by Izuku kissing between his lips and his nose – he had more to say. And Katsuki would listen, so he could know exactly how he was going to kill that motherfucker Shindo Yo.

No one hurt Izuku, and no one hurt their un-born children. He’d face death.

“he recognized me, then insulted me – saying something about how I was deceiving the world with my sweetness then going behind the country’s back and getting into organized crime. He also noticed that I was pregnant, and called me things I’d rather not repeat. I was shocked at his own hypocrisy, so he had the chance to punch me before I could pull my gun.” His husband explained, wincing when Katsuki’s finger brushed over his bruise. He was trying so hard right now to be gentle, to not let his fury get the better of him.

But then he laughed, filled with all the venom of a cobra. “turns out he’s a coward, too. He turned tail and ran as soon as I started to pull my gun out. He’s lucky he didn’t get shot dead by the Underlings on his way out.” He grinned, vicious and beautifully cruel.

“why didn’t you let them kill him?” Katsuki asked, leaning forward to kiss Izuku’s nose. His love simply moved his face into Katsuki’s neck, breathing in his scent.

Katsuki felt the imprint of his grin as he talked. “because, I wanted to watch Kacchan kill him. Slit his throat, just for me.”

Katsuki just had to reassure his husband, led his face back up to kiss him deeply. “don’t you worry about a thing baby, I’ll take care of it.” He rumbled, kissing Izuku’s ear.

A hum from behind Katsuki caught his attention, and he looked over to see Mei had snatched up Izuku’s coffee had a sip. “and I’ll take care of the body. He probably won’t have anyone come looking for him, but I’ll take precautions anyway.” She said, handing the coffee back to Izuku who took it with a great gulp of the liquid.

Then she got that look on her face. “do you want me to gather his organs while he’s still alive or while he’s dead? It can be his payment that he didn’t want to give.” She said, voice smooth with venom and a promise.

Katsuki knew what he wanted. What that Scum deserved. “do it as he’s dying. Make sure his last moments are nothing but agony.” He instructed, and he watched as Mei’s face became calculative, measuring exactly how to make him fade in suffering, how to leave a lasting imprint on the space they choose for his death.