Kate was staring, bored, at the teacher as he explained something about modern Canada. Usually, she was invested in this stuff but coupled with Alec and Damien's no-show, she was a bit distracted.

Her eyes widened as she noticed a guy in dark shades pass the class. That had to be him. She bit her lip as she stared at his walking figure. He was alone, unusual, but she could tell it was him. No one else was crazy enough to wear dark shades.

Luckily, the teacher had rounded up. Kate was the first to leave as he dismissed the class. She took fast strides to him. He had gone a pretty far distance from when she saw him pass the class. She looked down at her legs, pleading silently with them to move fast.

Finally deciding to jog and speedwalk a little, she caught up with Damien.

"Hey"

She would have just yelled his name when she came out of class but she didn't want to draw attention to herself. People knew this guy.

Damien turned to her. His face was neutral. He didn't pull off his glasses so she had no idea what his eyes read.

Wasn't he going to say something? Oh right, she was the one who stopped him.

"Uh, I haven't seen you around lately"

Really, Kate? She could almost slap herself now.

"Are you okay? If it's about what I said at the gym, I'm really--"

"Nothing you said offended me, Katherine"

Oh good. There was still familiarity.

But why he was looking at her like she was just another girl in the school? Well, she was another girl in the school but they knew each other...sort of.

"I--"

"Damien!" Someone shrieked.

Kate turned to see Brianna. It was the first time she was in some decent-enough clothes—jean shorts and a white shirt.

She squinted her eyes as she looked at her. She knew that shirt. She could remember the smug look on Damien's face after he finished changing in the car, and how she had admired his physique in that shirt.

She looked at Damien who just smiled at Brianna.

Oh.

Oh, wow.

"I'll see you later" he walked away and Brianna pushed past her as she followed him like a lost puppy.

***

"Can you believe that!?" Kate yelled after explaining her day to Noelle and her encounter with Damien.

"What exactly do you want me to not believe?" Noelle was staring at her as she ate her pie.

Kate offered her some but she shook her head. She claimed to be on a diet.

"He just left. With redhead what's-her-face"

Noelle chuckled.

"I can't believe this is you, Kat" She dipped her hand into the pie and stared at her finger in longing. "You're usually so calm and collected.  Now you're pissed off because Damien ignored you? I thought you didn't care about him"

"I don't"

She just felt it was rude for him to walk away like that. He was acting like the man-whore comment affected him even when he said it didn't. And he had basically hooked up with Brianna because she was in his shirt. Maybe they were secretly dating.

Kate looked at her phone, "I guess I'm just worried about Alec"

"She still hasn't texted?" Noelle asked.

Kate shook her head. She looked at Noelle who was staring from her pie-covered finger to the plate of pie.

"You can just have it, Elle"

"I can't" Noelle sighed, devastated.

Kate shrugged and sent Alec another text.

"Oh, screw it" Noelle licked her finger and grabbed the plate from the table.

Kate could only shake her head. If only she was like Noelle who buffed up a little when she ate. Parker always said she ate like an animal but she wasn't near as half to looking like Noelle.

Her phone dinged and she almost dropped it at Alec's text.

Dad's in the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Happy Friday update!
Sorry for the short chapter and the lateness.