Verse 29: So Beautiful

"Thanks, Max!"

Hal quickly returned to the living room after Max handed him a cold pack. After the display of alarmingly violent behavior and toxic masculinity, if anyone thinks Hal was delighted that they were fighting because of him---they were dead wrong.

Once the crowd became wild, Griffin withdrew and Aidan stopped too after earning a hard glare from Halwyn. Thankfully, Maxen's place was the nearest in the restaurant and they all decided to bring Aidan there to lay low from the media while Glenda sent someone to pick up his Porsche.

"Here," Hal handed him the pack and the man took it after mumbling 'thanks' still apprehensive. "Sorry..."

Halwyn didn't say a thing but he sat beside him while the others sitting at the long couch across them watched the exchange curiously.

"I'm not a damsel in distress," Hal finally spoke. "I told you, I can handle him."

Aidan seemed embarrassed and apologetic. "I know. I just...I never seen you look so upset."

Hal stared. Although foxed by the sudden outburst, he recognized that the man was trying to protect him in a way he could. Drawing a deep breath, he told Aidan, "He's a good guy, it's just a misunderstanding."

Aidan's pale gray eyes peered anxiously at Hal and for a moment his expression changed. "I'll go. I'm sorry again, Hal."

When he stood up after putting the cold pack on the table, Hal's chest constricted, as if a sudden guilt washed over him. "Wait, don't go out like that."

"It's fine, I'll call Glenda and have someone pick me up."

"Then...stay here while you wait."

Aidan stared down at him and considered, "Alright if that's what you want."

"It is what I want. Sit down."

This scene that seemed to have emerged from a romantic drama was witnessed closely by Eurig, Maxen, Steffan, and Cadi. The only thing missing was the popcorn and cola to enjoy the movie.

"Aren't you guys going somewhere?" Hal's face colored when he became aware that his friends were staring.

Steff, "Why?"

Maxen raised a hand and harked back, "This is my house?"

Eurig exhaled loudly, "Let's go get some food. There's still a convenience store open nearby, yes?"

Instead of replying, Steffan handed him a bill. "I want a Diet Coke."

Cadi eyed him while Max wanted to choke the life out of him. Eurig snapped, "You're coming, idiot."

"But I don't want---"

"Let's go!"

"Oh, right..."

As they left the pair on their own, Eurig winked at Hal before closing the front door. They could still hear them arguing outside and Hal couldn't help giggling softly, grateful to have them in his life.

Now that he and Aidan were alone, Hal suddenly couldn't help fidgeting. Unbeknownst to him, Aidan was the same, scratching his head, he couldn't seem to figure out how to start the conversation since he had been apologizing too much after causing a ruckus that Hal didn't ask for in the first place.

"What's going to happen now?"

Aidan blinked when Hal suddenly broke the awkward silence. "Huh?"

Sighing, Hal prompted, "Some people in the restaurant took pictures and videos of you. Tomorrow there'll be headlines of your brawl in front of that diner."