Everyone toasted her.

-And how much they will pay you? -Gregory asked.

-I receive 5% of each book sold, and Penelope will receive payment for her work as editor. I'm sure they won't have to change the work.

-I didn't know you like to write, Anthony mentioned.

-now you know, and you must buy at least five copies. -Colin mocked.

-You will only have 95 more to sell. -Anthony continued the mockery.

"I'm sure," Violet interrupted, "that it will be a great success."

Everyone began to eat, little Anthony's nanny took the child so his parents could eat and offered to take Thomas, but Colin refused, as the baby was asleep in his arm and he didn't mind eating with just one hand. Of course, Penelope cut the meat into pieces so that the third Bridgerton could eat in peace.

-Are you going to start looking for houses? -Eloise asked.

"I didn't know we made you uncomfortable," Penelope mocked. "I know Thomas cried a little last night."

-No, I -Eloise didn't know what to say -It wasn't what I meant.

-You are not very eloquent today, sister - Anthony joined in the mockery - I hope the visit doesn't make you nervous.

"I'm very sure Miss Bridgerton has another reason for her lack of eloquence," Phillip smiled.

Eloise looked at Anthony threateningly, the viscount was quite amused.

"You must be right, after all, Eloise mentioned that she would never be interested in the male gender," Anthony insisted.

Colin almost laughed as he saw Eloise's face turn pale.

"El even mentioned that we should wait comfortably because seeing her dressed as a bride is never going to happen," added the third Bridgerton.

Penelope pinched his leg.

-Surely she still needs to meet the gentleman worthy of changing her mind. -Phillip concluded thoughtfully.

The table fell silent.

It was no longer funny for the brothers to make fun, because they could see that dart hurt their younger sister.

After lunch, Sir Crane thanked him for the invitation and took his children away.

Eloise managed to control her emotions until she heard the front door close behind the guests.

"If you'll excuse me," El said, looking at the floor.

Thomas started to cry

"He must be hungry," Colin said, giving it to Penelope.

She went up to Eloise's room and opened the door.

Eloise heard her nephew crying.

"Welcome to the club," she greeted, covered in tears.

Penelope lay beside her sister-in-law, took a sheet to protect herself, and settled Thomas down for lunch.

-You should have gone down earlier, so you could talk to him alone.

Eloise looked at her.

-Yes, I talked to him.

-what? Tell me everything.

-I brought him to my room, I tried to kiss him, but he refused. He asked me never to try it again, and he said he had been able to hear me when I said he would never be with a widower, with children.