Judgment Is Pending (Chapter 41)

Start from the beginning

"Assuming you paid for this is probably far-fetched..."
Ink commented and Cotton replied.

"Why pay, we rule this place now! Ow-"
The dark Mokke cut it off with a smack to its head.

Bubble who had gone to get cups came back, setting the colourful plastic containers down on the table in front of us.

"That's not how this works!"
Ink grumbles, making me giggle. I had barely been separated from them for two days and yet I had missed this a lot.

I opened the bottle and filled each cup. Eagerly everyone took their cup and gulped down the sweet drink.

"It's fine Minka would have given it to us on the house anyway, after all, we are business partners now."

I almost spit out my drink, what had they been up to while I was gone?!

"We what?"
I ask blinking not angry just confused.

"That's what I wanna know?"
The purple ghost joined in just as surprised.

"I just got us a place at the chocolate-bar, ya know Minka's other shop where we first introduced ourselves to each other. It's in the kitchen, we can make Hanako and our other prisoners make candy for us there. In return for providing us with the place, a percentage of candy will be sold at the shop. But the rest is for us!"
Cotton explains proudly, swishing the red juice around in its green plastic cup.

My eyes spark up with stars as I reply.
"You are a genius! We'll have an unlimited candy supply!"

"I know, I know~"
It said, elegantly sipping it's drink.

"However when did you even do this? What were you guys up to?"
I ask and Cotton Plus Ink sigh as if they were exhausted just thinking about it.

A lengthy explanation followed as we chatted and snacked till deep in the night.

After I had been taken they searched for me and concluded that I was with the Minamotos. Considering the lack of help and the fact that Ink had regretted betraying us Cotton took it back into the team.

They learned from passing by supernaturals about Mint carrying the weapons and it's rumoured betrayal.

They traced the clues back to Minka's shop where they also figured The Minamotos would pass by sooner or later.

So there they waited while plotting a rescue mission.

Noticing the trouble our group was in Hanako and the others planned to escape but were caught mid-action and brought to the Candy-Bar by some Mokke soldiers for Cotton to handle.

There Minka got her hands on them and decided they were going to help out in the shop.

---

I yawned, it was late and we had been playing cards but by now the only one awake was me.

I had changed into a fresh plane hoodie and pants that Cotton had found lying around and my bloodied old clothes had been taken to get washed.

As I changed I took off the bandages around the burns I had suffered.
It looked pretty much fine only a faint red lingered which soon would be gone too.

Supernaturals really did heal faster...

I laid on the sofa struggling to fall asleep. Tomorrow was THE DAY!
Despite my eyelids feeling heavy my thoughts circled.

Teru no longer was a danger. I had his weapon and if I ever had to give it back it would only be when Teru agreed to not fight me with it.

How did I get so lucky?

I now stand here, ruling over all supernaturals.

And nothing will stop me.

I won't be a piece of crap I promised that. However, I'll make sure those who deserve it will pay!

Their faces as they would kneel before me flashed in front of my eyes.

Kou may have been forgiven but Teru, Hanako and Mint,
Your judgment is pending.

The small flicker of sadness upon remembering Kou's tears was quickly covered up by the powerful feeling of authority.

---

We woke up late in the morning and accordingly, we were rushed to get ready. I changed back into my pink hoodie and my pants and put on my red sneakers.

Today we were going to have an official meeting with the other school mysteries, enforce new laws and put our current hostages on trial.

I pushed the Katana between my belt, it was safest with me for now, till we found a good hiding place for it.

Before heading to the old theater room we put on coats with hoods making sure passing by supernaturals wouldn't swarm us on our way.

After all the word had traveled far and wide.

Mokke Ruled This School!

Two pink soldiers with lances in their hands greeted me as I arrived in front of the theatre room.

I let my coat fall to the ground. 

They pushed open the door and the dozens of heads turned towards me.

Supernaturals of all kinds littered the seats, small, big, human-looking and full-on creatures and obviously Mokke, lots of them.

The pink ghosts erupted in loud cheers as I entered and waved with an awkward smile. I felt a little lightheaded as I made my way to the stage where in the middle a throne was placed and beside it some sofas on which the other mysteries sat.

They stared at me, each their gaze judging, sizing me up and wondering just how dangerous I was to have taken down not only Hanako but also Teru.

Little did they know, I didn't have a clue either.

As I stepped on the stage the crowd fell silent, from the corner of my eye I could see Akane, Yashiro and Hanako being held captive backstage.

Ignoring it I focused back on the crowd as I plopped down on my throne.
It was surprisingly well-cushioned and comfortable, I crossed my legs and leaned my head against my hand which was steady on the armrest.

Bubble jumped up my chair and quickly placed the golden prop crown on my head and a smirk finally formed on my face.

Brimming with energy I announced loudly.
"From now on things are going to be different~"