Chapter 4

Owen was furious to say the least as they waited for the elevator doors to open to the control room where Claire was at. Owen kept mumbling stuff and grunting and crossing his arms like he did when he was in thought or frustrated.

As they got into the elevator once it opened, Owen and Ace's park watch popped up with a notification. "'Slight malfunction in a paddock, close off all west sides of the park, stay at stations until notified' are you KIDDING ME?" Owen almost yelled in anger. "God! Why don't they shut down the park this thing can—AGHH!" Owen angrily hit the wall, causing Ace to flinch slightly and shut her eyes while shrinking into the corner of the elevator.

"God they're so f—oh shit Baby, no I'm sorry." Owen grabbed Ace and pulled her into a hug, making her open her eyes. She hugged him back, patting his back gently. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just—" the elevator door finger, indicating they were there, making Owen cut off and spin around to confront them.

"What happened in there?" He said angrily, ignoring the guards that tried to stop him. Ace followed, but was grabbed on the arm by one of the guards. Owen shoved the guys arm off, glaring. "Don't put your hands on her." He growled lowly before taking Ace's hand firmly but not hurting her and took her away from the guards.

"There was, a bug in the system." Claire said calmly. "Bullshit. She marked up that wall as a distraction, she wanted us to think she escaped." Owen exclaimed, letting go of Ace's hand and going toward Claire. Claire spun around, almost scoffing at the claim made by the Navy vet.

"We are talking about an animal here."

A guard grabbed Ace by the shoulder, pulling her back slightly in attempt to get her out as another guard went toward Owen.

"A highly intelligent animal, Claire and if you put another fucking hand on her again, I will feed you to the T-Rex." Owen growled angrily at the guard, who shrunk down in fear and took his hand off of Ace. "Leave them." Masrani said to the guard and shooed them off, going over and standing next to Ace to ensure her protected.

"400 meters to the beacon."

Ace looked at the screens all over the wall. "You're going after them with non-lethal?" Ace said in disbelief. "We have millions of dollars invested in that asset, we can't just kill it." Masrani said, motioning toward the security footage.

"Those men are going to die!" Ace exclaimed, looking at Claire for help. Claire just looked away, not being able to face her friend at the moment.

"300 meters to the beacon!"

"Call it off, right now." Owen said. "You are not in control here!" Claire said sharply, still facing the footage. The two vets shut up, watching the live feed as the soldiers got right on top of the beacon.

One man picked up a piece of flesh off the ground, gagging at the smell as he examined it. "Bloods not clotted...it's close." He spoke finally.

"What is that?" Masrani asked, staring in disbelief. "That's her tracking implant. She clawed it out." Owen said. "How would it know to do that?" Claire asked in shock, her eyes glued to the screen.

"She remembered where they put it in." Ace said quietly before a drop of blood dropped onto the mans arm in the footage, making him look up.

Then, the beast showed itself.

"IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE!" The man yelled as he dropped the flesh while the creature roared in triumph as shots fired at it.

Nets flew across the cameras in attempt to snag the beast but non worked so far. Ace shut her eyes, flinching at the sounds of the screams from the cameras and the sounds of the heart monitors flat lining on screen.

And after a few minutes, silence endured.

Ace opened her eyes as Owen turned around slowly. "Evacuate the island." Owen whispered, disbelief pacing through his tone. "We'd never reopen." Claire said, shaking her eyes as she processed the things that just happened.

"You creates a genetic hybrid, raised it in captivity—she is seeing all of this for the first time, she does not even know what she is. She will kill everything that moves." Owen said as he got closer to Claire and Masrani.

"Do you think the animal is contemplating its own existence?" Masrani questioned seriously. "She is learning where she fits in the food chain and I don't think you want her to figure that out." Owen growled.

"Asset containment can use live ammunition in an emergency situation, you have M-134 in your armory, put it on a chopper and smoke this thing!" Ace stated as she came up behind Claire.

"We have families here, I'm not gonna make this into some kind of war zone!" Claire growled. "You already have!" Ace snapped back. "Mr Grady, Ms Hutchins, if you are not going to help, there is no reason for you to be here." Claire stayed calmly.

Owen smacked aside Dinosaur figures on Lowery's desk, making Lowery sigh in annoyance. Owen stormed past Claire, taking Ace's hand and leading her to the elevator.

The elevator doors shut after Owen angrily hit the button to get above ground. Owen had his arms crossed as he stared angrily at the doors, waiting for them to open while the elevator shifted up.

Ace looked up at him, seeing there was going to be no point to trying to get him to just talk to her to get his mind to calm down. The Australian girl gently rested a hand on his muscular arm, hugging it before resting her head on his arm and closing her eyes.

Owen huffed, snapping out of his thoughts as his girlfriend comforted him. He looked down at her, blinking at the girl before unfolding his arms and hugging around her waist, burying his face into her shoulder.

Ace stood on her tip toes as she wrapped her arms around his neck, breathing in her loving boyfriends scent to calm herself. "I love you." Owen's muffled voice came from her shoulder.

"I love you too." Ace murmured. Owen pulled away, grasping her face gently in his scratched up hands, kissing her forehead. "I don't want you getting hurt. I can't lose you." Owen said, gazing into Ace's blue eyes. Ace rested a hand on top of his Owen, kissing the palm of his hand.

"I'll be fine, Owen. I didn't go through years of being a SEAL for nothing." Ace said, smiling. Owen smiled, sighing. "If we get those guns in the armory, we could have enough to at least evac civilians outta here while the idiots down there figure out the situation." Ace said. Owen nodded, letting go of Ace's face.

"Then let's get our hands on those." The Navy man grinned before it faded.

"But how do we get into it." Owen said, frowning. Ace held up a key card, with bold letters on it that said Masrani. Owen laughed, shaking his head as he kissed her forehead quickly. "You're crazy, dude. Fucking crazy Australian." Owen snickered as they high fived while the elevator doors opened.

"What can I say? It's in my blood."

_

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope y'all enjoyed!
Instagram-agirlinsomefandoms
Follow for more content and check out my other stories!