Chapter 3

Ace was laying in bed, drifting to sleep quickly from the affects of the pain meds. Turns out, she had just dislocated her wrist and it was easily fixed but the doctor said it should still be sore for a few more days to come.

She heard the door to the front of her house open and close, but didn't move since she was so tired from the meds. The door to her bedroom soon opened after a few minutes of hearing Owen shuffle around quietly through the house.

Ace felt the bed sink next to her, and she was gently rolled onto her back. She opened her eyes, meeting her loving boyfriends eyes that shined with worry.

"How you feeling, baby girl?" He asked quietly. Ace mumbled a soft 'good' as Owen laid next to her, opening his arms to welcome her into them. She scooted into them, breathing in his scent that she loved so much.

"That's good." Owen whispered, running gentle fingers through her hair. Owen kissed her forehead, watching her drift off the sleep with a hint of love and happiness in his eyes.

But what he couldn't get out of his head was how scared it made him with her working at the park. He couldn't lose her, he has loved her for so long, that he would go insane if he lost her.

"Goodnight baby girl. I love you." Owen whispered, knowing she was already fast asleep as she softly snored in his arms.

~

After a few days of her wrist recovering, Ace was almost ready to get back to work again, despite Owen's protest.

"Owen! The doctor said I was cleared to go back to work tomorrow! My wrist is fine!" Ace growled, stomping outside the house. Owen followed, opening his mouth to argue.

"But maybe the meds are still just kicked in! What if it starts to hurt like hell when you work with it again, or---" Ace spun around, eyes glaring daggers into him. Owen gulped, smiling nervously.

"Cmon baby, I just don't want you getting hurt again."

"I am a former, highly trained navy SEAL and I also grew up half my life in the country with most of the world's deadliest creatures. I'll. Be. Fine." Ace stated, crossing her arms. Owen tried to think of an argument, but couldn't come up with one and hung his head in defeat.

"Good." Ace smirked, kissing the top of his head. "Did I come at a bad time?" A voice said behind them, making Ace turn around toward it as Owen lifted his head up.

Claire stood there, the two of them frowning at the fact they hadn't noticed her when they walked out.

"Not at all Claire, how can we help you?" Ace asked, smiling. "Great! How are you? I heard what happened at the complex a few days ago." Claire asked worriedly. "I'm fine now. No scratches or anything, minus a dislocated wrist. Nothing I haven't handled."

"That's good. Well, if you're ready to be out, we have a new attraction we'd like you to see." Claire said, flicking her eyes to a clipboard for a quick second.

"New attraction?" Ace hummed, frowning, making eye contact with Owen. Owen looked at her nervously, cause something in his gut told him this new attraction could be something bigger than before...and more dangerous.

~

Ace stared at the complex, studying the construction happening. Owen took ahold of Ace's hand, intertwining their fingers, making her snap out of her thoughts. "Cmon babe." He said, pulling her gently along. Ace followed him, seeing the hint of worry in his eyes as he kept pulling her close, as if protectively.

Ace rubbed her thumb along his hand comfortingly, their own of telling each other it'll be okay. Owen glances back at her and smiled, which she returned sleepily.

Ace heard Claire talking, but all it was to her was mumbles, she was really tired from the sunlight and meds since she hadn't been out in a few days. "Ace?" Ace jumped, spinning 90 degrees on her heels to face Claire and Owen next to her.

"Huh?"

"Did you—just—she's tired, Claire. I'll talk about this, baby, you go wait outside. Your meds are still making you tired." Owen said. Ace didn't even argue or speak a word, she simply turned around and walk straight—into a wall.

Ace rubbed her forehead in pain. She heard the wheels of the two people behind her trying to hold in laughter. She sighed heavily, swiveling to the left to get to the door without another word. As she shut the door, she heard faint snickers of the two, making her grunt in annoyance.

Ace walked down the stairs, glancing around at the construction workers and the wall to the enclosure. It seemed all of the workers were coming down, getting ready to call it in for the day. She walked over to a white truck near the gigantic gate that she guessed would be used to transport the creature if it were to pass for public display.

She leaned against it, whipping out her DS she kept around and played Pokémon black and white. Her mind zoned into it, not really hearing much around her until a sound so loud and so heart stopping made her DS slip out of her hands and slam to the ground.

She shook violently, heart rate speeding up as her mind flashed back to the worse times of her life, her skin cold as ice as she stared off. She only snapped out when someone grabbed her and pushed her to the ground and forced her under the truck.

She looked up and saw Owen, who quickly shushed her before looking up, whipping out his knife and cutting the gas line to the truck, pouring them in it. Ace looked confused as Owen covered her mouth, finger to his lips.

It wasn't until she saw a gigantic white, scarlet foot slam down next to the white truck across from them that she knew what he meant. She whimpered, which Owen shushed her again, mouthing 'its okay' and pulling her body closer.

Suddenly, her DS that was still on the ground next to the truck went off, indicating someone wanted to battle with her. The beast whipped around, letting out a short but loud roar, tilting its head before stomping over.

It gently sniffed the DS, both Owen and Ace closing their eyes in fear. The beast chomped onto the DS, swallowing it easily in one bite before roaring loudly and stomping off.

The former Navy couple remained under there for about twenty minutes before slowly getting out. Ace's body shook furiously to the point where she almost couldn't stand.

"Owen—what—what the—FUCK!" Ace said, gripping her hair. "Hey, hey! Shhh. It's okay. Just let's keep our voice down for now." Owen said, resting his hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

"What was that?" Ace whispered out of fear and confusion. "The Indominus Rex." Owen whispered. "That's what they want to show to the people?" Ace said. Owen nodded. "But right now, it's about to come out early. We need to go, now!" Owen said, letting of her and going around to the driver side of the truck they hid under.

"You cut the gas line, remember?" Ace said, looking at him. Owen stopped opening the door.

"Shit."

_

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope y'all enjoyed!
Instagram-agirlinsomefandoms
Follow for more content and check out my other stories!