𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰

Start from the beginning

Her attitude was prevalent, and she wasn't in the slightest bit trying to hide it. It'd been years and an entire child later, it was exhausting still having to deal with the same things she was dealing with when they were first messing around. Before even dating, considering she felt like when they were officially together while she was pregnant, she wasn't dealing with half as much.

"It's difficult-."

"Make it easy." She challenged, never peeling her eyes away from the intensity of his.

She didn't fear him, and made it known. She used to, but Amerie knew the power she held over him these days. She never took advantage of it, or him, but she was well aware when it came to the relationship he had with her...there was no room for fear in her heart.

Running his tongue over his lips slowly, his eyes burned into hers, only heightening the tension between them. "Who the fuck you talking to?" The raspiness of his low voice filled the walls that surrounded them with the slightest tilt of his head.

"You, Syre." She breathed out, keeping the stance that she'd attained as confidently as possible.

His head down nodded as he stood to his feet, Amerie's eyes following his every movement closely. She watched him as he came around the desk he sat at, never taking his eyes off of hers.

"C'mere." Was all he said with a nod of his head for her to follow him.

Choosing against saying anything, she took a deep breath as she raised her body from where she sat along the chair. She followed close behind Syre who didn't even check to make sure she was good to keep on walking, he just kept on.

Amerie recognized where they walked, down that same spiral staircase she'd gotten acquainted with multiple times before this moment. With every step they took, the large space grew larger and larger until they stood in the middle of the space. Surrounded by guns, targets, decoy people, and other weaponry.

"You remember how to shoot? I taught you when you was pregnant." Syre glanced back towards Amerie who slowly nodded. "One day don't compare to the years I got on this, and you gon be scared and shaken up. But show me you know what you doing and I'll assess it." He requested once pulling his gun out of his waistband to hold out towards Amerie.

She didn't flinch, didn't shake, barely even blinked as she grabbed onto the heavy metal object to hold. Syre only watched, anticipating questions that she never asked as she took steps to position her body correctly. 2 shots rang from the gun directly into the target, one in the chest and one in the head.

Nodding, he walked up behind her until her back pressed up against his front. "Yo aim is okay, posture terrible-."

"How is my posture terrible when you do it from any position-."

"You not me, you'd end up killing yourself if you're assessing the shit I do for yourself." He chuckled as he used his hands to straighten out her back and kick her feet. "This thing is powerful, I should never see your body going back with it cause you'll lose balance quick." He spoke to Amerie who nodded slowly in understanding.

"So how do I make sure it doesn't push me back?"

"Balance your body weight babygirl, now do it again." He instructed once she stood to his liking.

Stepping back, Syre watched as she fired again with less of a recoil to her body. Nodding in approval, he grabbed the mini briefcase that sat along the table right behind Amerie.

"Was that better?" She smiled towards him as she walked up towards where he stood.

"It was better, you just got to practice some more." He shrugged, bringing a frown to her face. Looking over his shoulder, Amerie knitted her eyebrows together from the black and gold gun that rested along the plushness of the bottom of the briefcase. "Imma give you this, but I need you to listen to me close Amerie. This ain't no fucking game." He spoke sternly as he brushed his hand along the gun.