Shreya kept looking at the scene carefully... She couldn't ask any servant about the new person at home as she was not allowed to even speak with servants...

"Actually I wanted to ask something from you, Mrs Raheja..." Sharmila said in a very sweet yet authoritative tone of hers...

"Ohh what do you want from me Mrs Mahadeva, you people are much richer than us... We just went bankrupt yesterday... I don't think I have anything to offer you" Smriti blabbered feeling anxious, thinking about the thing which Sharmila would ask her... She wasn't in the mood to help someone for free now as her husband had nothing now...

"Oh, that is so sad... I didn't get to know about the bankruptcy thing... But don't worry am not asking you for money... Am here to ask for your daughter's hand for marriage with my stepson Anant" she said with a smile on her face... Smriti was shocked to hear about the alliance... She had never imagined in her life that a billionaire would marry Shreya...

"What? But I have told you about Shreya already, she's not even educated, she just knows to follow orders and nothing else... And to be frank she doesn't even know the meaning of marriage..." She said huffing over the fact... Sharmila smiled at the information and spoke...

"That is what I am finding in the bride of my dearest son, Mrs Raheja," she said sarcastically in an over-sweet tone... Finally, Smriti understood her intentions and smirked... An idea struck her mind thinking about the profit she could make with this alliance...

" Ohh now I understood... You just want a servant for you in the form of a daughter-in-law... Wouldn't your son question her past ?" She asked curious...

" You do not have to worry about other things... I will handle everything myself... You just need to get your daughter ready for the future " Sharmila said in a serious tone... Smriti agreed with her...

"Okay, I am ready for the alliance, but what's good for me in this alliance, I will only lose a good servant" she said innocently... Sharmila smirked mentally...

"I knew it, you are a smart woman Mrs Raheja... Don't worry, I will ask my husband to help your husband in business" Sharmila said with a devilish smile on her face...

"Well before going back, I would love to meet my future daughter-in-law Mrs Raheja, wouldn't you introduce us" Shrimal said with a sweet smile on her face... Smriti returned her smile and called Shreya...

"Shreya come here... Now!" She shouted at her... Shreya limped on her way the wounds from the previous night were still young... She stood at a distance from the sofas and bowed her head before speaking...

"Yes madam" she said in a meeky voice...Sharmila smirked at her condition... The poor girl looked no less than a garbage bag... Her black color dress which had torn from some areas looked like a mob... Her hair looked as rough as a nest of birds... Her skin tone matched the yellow colour... Her eyes had big bags under them and dark circles were also there... Her cheeks looked like they had disappeared showing her jaw bones... Her lips matched her skin tone... Her skin looked so thin that her nerves could be seen with the naked eye without any problem... She looked like a skeleton...

"Hummm... I like her... She's perfect to be my daughter-in-law..." Said Sharmila... Hearing her words, Shreya was surprised, she thought what did she mean? What is a daughter-in-law?

"Listen Shreya! She will be your new master after a few days... You will live at her place and follow her rules only... You are going to get married to her son... So you have to behave properly and do as you are asked, understand?" She asked... It took some time for Shreya to take in all the new information but she nodded her head as soon as her master asked her the question...

"Hmm... Now you can leave and work" she said dismissing her and continuing talking with Sharmila for some time...

"So me and my husband have decided to tell my father-in-law that we got this alliance through a match-making agent... Tomorrow noon I will bring my FIL here and you have to prepare this girl for her first presentation... Make sure she doesn't look like a piece of garbage, I hope you get it" Sharmila said in a serious tone... Smriti agreed with her...

"Don't worry... I'll handle everything " she said assuring her... later Sharmila left for her home...
__________________

"What? Did you find a suitable bride for me this soon? How's that possible? And are you sure that the girl which you have chosen is right for me?" Asked Anant shifting on the couch after hearing his grandfather's words... It's been only 3 days since he agreed to the marriage and his grandfather had already found a suitable bride for him...

"You do not worry my son... I approached the best marriage agent, they had chosen the best alliance for you... Even I had met the girl today... She looked so decent and well-mannered... Don't know how she's so well behaved even after being the daughter of a rich businessman..." His grandfather told him about the girl as he drank the last sip of his ginger tea...

"His father is a businessman? Who's her father" Anant asked curiously...

"The Vikrant Raheja is her father" he informed him...

"Oh... I got the news of him going bankrupt... What about that?" He asked being doubtful...

"Nahh that was a piece of fake news... His company's stock value had gone down for some time but later everything became stable" his grandfather said as per his information... Anant nodded his head... He didn't have any problem with the alliance if his grandfather was sure about it... He believes his grandfather more than anyone...

But love and trust are one thing and being a wise person is another thing... His grandfather can be fooled easily in this fast-developing world... He cannot believe the fact that the daughter of a wealthy businessman looked innocent and decent to his grandfather as he knows what decency means to him, it's being a proper Traditional Indian woman... It is not like that a girl can't be that but he does not believe anyone that easily... So he decided to get proper knowledge about the family and especially the girl... 
__________________

please don't forget to vote... Your Vote Matters Alot! And also the comments 😁

Word count:-1760