Verse 28: One More Night

Start from the beginning

"Uh-oh, I can sense a but..." Max murmured.

"Nothing is wrong with him, okay? He is a perfect guy just that...he was moving kind of fast."

"And Aidan is not?" Steffan challenged.

Hal glowered at him. "Aidan is different."

"Aidan is different or you're biased? Geez, you don't need to come up with excuses to defend him. But we're warning you, guard your heart. He used to be a straight guy, he dated lots of girls. Who knows if this was just an experiment for him and he'd go back chasing skirts."

"Perfect," Max jested, "Hal could be Gwen again."

"Max, for once, just put a cork in it!"

"He's not looking for Gwen anymore," Hal tried to argue but he wasn't certain what was he arguing about. "He isn't even texting her..."

Steffan sighed. "Look, we're not actually stopping you from being with him. We just don't want to see you hurt. By the end of the day, it'll still be your decision and we can only support you even if we are against it."

"He's right, you know," surprisingly, Max agreed and he rarely agrees to Steffan's ramblings. "Aidan has dated lots of girls, no one can deny that. There are also issues with his obsessive fan girls. Trust me, you don't want any of them threatening you to scratch your eyes out with their acrylics."

"I don't think we'll even go there, okay? Besides, I got this. I'm not falling for his charm easily. If he really wants to be with me, he has to earn it. Prove it."

▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯

No one expected to see a very different Aidan who was smiling and glowing like a miracle had finally visited the earth. Of course, neither the band nor the management was complaining, especially when Aidan had finally finished the song and made them hear it.

"What do you think?"

Owen, Dylan, and Floyd all stared with amazement after they listened to the song. Aidan sang it, accompanied only by an acoustic guitar and it already made their manager Glenda Pye cry, clapping her hands enthusiastically when he finished.

"It's...good," Owen admitted. "It really is something special."

In Aidan's mind, it was indeed special. He never could understand why he found it difficult to finish the song but now that he had accepted his feelings for Hal, he finally managed to complete it and the result was better than he expected.

"I want you guys to hear it first before I sing it to him," he didn't shy away from this fact and told his friends boldly. "I want to get your opinion because...if I just sing it directly to him, I might combust."

They all gazed at him with mouths wide open. Never in their lives as bandmates did they imagine seeing this side of Aidan that was both cute and cringe. Who would've thought that it would take a Halwyn to transform his cool and rough persona back to the teenage boy who just recently experienced his first love?

Floyd beamed at their friend and was proud of this new Aidan. "I'm sure he'll like it. Better than that 1970s song."

"Hey!" Aidan laughed, "We love that song."

"You and Hal loved that song. Spare us of the nightmare!" Floyd told him and it made Dylan laugh too.

"That song isn't a nightmare and it has good lyrics. Right, Wen?"

Owen blinked when everyone turned to him. "Huh? Yeah...it does."

Owen was happy for Aidan and as he looked at his cell phone still not getting a single message from that person, he hoped that he could also be happy like his friend. "Seriously Eurig..." He thought, "What did I do this time?!"