8. Big and small.

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow, "whose maryjane?"

"Oh right, I forget that you're just a kid. Ignore what I said," Ellie chuckled. Forget that I'm just a kid, hm? It seems everyone forgets that nowadays. Like Murphy, my face still has a bruise from that punch. "You're not much of a talker."

Her voice lingered in my mind.  "I just don't know what to say," I shrugged.

"It's alright, I could do the talking," she smiled. And so on forward, I let Ellie speak her mind. She had lots to say and I listened really well. There are parts that are blurry to me because I zoned out but I heard alot. I don't know why she trusted me with all her thoughts, I barely knew her but I didn't interrupt her, I didn't need to.

She rambled about kids in the camp, life on the ark, theories and such. She was quite, fascinating. It was easy to listen to her. Her voice was almost angelic. The way she talked to me and how much she had to say made me think she had nobody to talk and listen to her. That's why she's saying all this to me.

Ellie wore two braids and constantly had strands of hair sitting on her face. Her hands were mostly never clean because she enjoyed helping around and fixing stuff. Her dad was an engineer so she knew a thing or two. I think Ellie's nice. To me at least. It makes me kind of nervous when she talks to me though because of how cool she is.

"Thank you for listening, it means alot you know. Not everyone in this camp knows how to," Ellie thanked me with a smile on her face.

I gave her a smile back, not knowing what to say. She understood I mean't to say anytime and left to continue helping.

I felt bad I didn't say any feedback at the end, not even a your welcome response from me.

A few hours had passed. I barely did anything today. Bellamy was gone and I wasn't trying to exceed myself again. I felt bad, I wish I was out there and was helping find Octavia.

Maybe she was taken by those people who took Jasper. I mean, it did make sense. Why do they hate us so badly, though? What did we do to them?We weren't being attacked around camp, other than trina and pascal but I think the fog took them.

Earth was so weird. There were mean grounders who somehow survived radiation, 2 headed animals, deadly fog, and sea monsters. What else was down here?

It's kind of disappointing that the dinosaurs hadn't come back. I wish they did. I'd love to ride on a brachiosaurus or fly on a pterodactyl. Maybe there was a few, they're just hiding. I'd hide too. Us humans, we look pretty scary, to dinosaurs at least. Ironic, huh? Dinosaurs look pretty scary too but most are plant eaters so nothing to worry about. Although, there were meat eaters, you just gotta avoid those ones.

There was a bunch of commotion coming from near the gate. I decided to go check it out, it could be Octavia. Maybe she's okay.

As I walked toward the noise, I see finn in the arms of Bellamy with a stab wound in his abdomen. Clarke was by his side, panicking. My eyes widened. Was Finn dead or alive? Other people hurried over to help carry him.

"Get him to the dropship, go now!" Clarke ordered. The boys began slowly moving him inside.

Our camp was dealing with yet again, another stab frim a grounder. I looked up at the gloomy sky. I've heard some news about a storm from other kids around camp so I decided to head inside as well.