stuck in between us

"Ari........Ari.........ARI!" I got up.....my dad was above me, "get up, what the hell is wrong with you?", "what?" I said confused and startled. "You were supposed to get up and get me up for work, now I'm late, you're coming with me this time and I'm dropping you off at May's", "noo..dad...not May's, she's so fucking annoying. "I don't care, I can't have you here alone anymore, you keep meeting up with that boy, you're gonna get pregnant like your mom did with you at 17", "DAD!" I said in anger, I stared away from him at the wall and I was thinking of how to get out of this situation. "I'll bring home Chinese if you cooperate with me here", "gross that's your favorite, mines Italian" I said with a disgust. "Fine...fine...Italian, but get up and pack you're staying over there for just a night" he said as he walked out. UGHH not May's.

I got up and brushed my teeth then went to pack, as I was putting on my tank top I got a text, it's from latin, I quickly picked it up and opened the text, in text: hey ari, can't hang, but I'll talk to you later!. 'well thats fine because I can't either', I texted back. '👌' his reply. I was so pissed, even if I wasn't going to May's I wouldn't be able to see him....I plopped on my bed thinking.

LATINS POV:
I woke up today for Chinese lessons and piano, I had a competition today, so I wasn't able to hangout with arimefu, I was so upset about it, I plopped on my bed thinking about it, ari is a great friend, if only she could come to my competition, WAIT! I sprung up and grabbed my phone, in text:'hey can you come to my competition for piano?' I sent. I sat there waiting for a response, she texted but then stopped, I waited there impatient waiting for a response. 4 minutes later she replied, ari:I'm not sure😵‍💫 stuck at my aunt May's. Oh so she's stuck somewhere too.

Later: I was in the middle of three bells grand entrance as my bell rang, I went to open the door and it was someone I didn't recognize, I almost fell as he pulled me by my collar, "shit okay....I don't got money...don't be fooled by this house!" I yelled to stop this nonsense or from dying. "Are you latin?" Said the man. "Uh yes...why ask?" I said as I wiped the sweat on my hands onto my shorts. "Sorry for pulling you by the collar, I'm shaina's dad, she told me to pick you up for your guys due because your mom's not available to take you" he said. "Oh yes thats right, I grabbed my stuff and headed out to their car, I saw shaina and she waved and smiled at me. I don't like shaina or her dad because he always grabs my collar as a greeting, and shaina has a dorky crush on me, she has since 9th grade. She nice and all but super annoying about things. She even knows who I like now but she's lucky she can keep her mouth shut for my secrets.

shaina's pov:
Me and Latin have been in orchestra together for 3 years, we were partners tot he point we've fallen for eachother, like come on he so likes me, he acts so nervous around me, like come on, he's so into my manly flex, I'm like the man in our relationship. We always got him on Saturdays one time when his mom kicked him out, she's kind of a drunk wannabe for men who are rich and single, then she gives them a one night stand then leaves them with a wad of cash. My friends are Latin, gabe, and Daniel, I'm a tomboy honestly, girls are jealous of my flow, even arimefu like come on at the carnival, she would not stop staring at my clothes, like yes I know I dress so tomboy like, I'm like one of the guys!.

Arimefu practically is a bitch to me, there's two guys that like her, her dad and her non existent admirer, lmao I'm laughing. Latin is my boyfriend but he doesn't know it yet, like man I'm such a chill girl, no girl gets along with me because they're ALL JEALOUS.

Latins pov: jeez shaina can be so annoying at times, I kinda hate her, she thinks I like her when I like someone else. I stayed on my phone pretty much the whole ride listening to music, I noticed from the side of my eye shaina was talking to me but all my answers were 'mhm' 'yep' 'sure'. Me and ari texted the whole way, she's my bestfriend for real.

Arimefu's pov:
Me and my dad pull up to my aunts house, my aunt comes out with a glass of wine and smiles with a mom ish wave, even though she single as a Pringle and ready to mingle and with no kids but herself. "My baby, move aside Zander, I wanna see my little hot girl!!", she said as she sashays to me. "Ooh my baby, you so tall now, stop growing!" She says as she fakes pushing me down. "Hey aunt may" I mumbled with irritation. "Go on inside, I have something for you" she said as she nudged me towards the house. I walk to the house and into the door, all I see is a bunch if model clothes with makeup and burned cigarettes in a ash tray. I look around looking for my gift, I walked through the kitchen door to find a wrapped gift for me on the table, as walked over I seen a card that said, "to my girl ari" I read out. I opened the box and unwrapped the paper around it inside, I was a little shocked, there was a note with makeup and a dress under it, what the hell. I hear my dad's car pull out and I hear my aunt may sprinting in, she runs into me, hugging me from behind, "do you like it baby? I got my designer to match a dress with your name and I have another surprise for you!" She said with excitement. "We're going somewhere that I heard a friend wanted you to. "What?" I said confused. "Oh baby, one of your friends added me on Facebook and texted me the occasion so I brought this out because it seemed right for you to wear tonight. "But my dad said no occasions" I said pointing out. "Who cares what your dad said, you know I don't listen to my brotherrr!" She said shaking her head in a sassy way. I smiled faintly as she chuckled. Sometimes, my aunt may gets me. We played a few games and we made a fruit bowl and ate it outside on her balcony, we do that when it's sunset, and we got up and she decides to get me ready.

An hour later, she moves and I see myself in the mirror, woah, that's not me, my lashes were longer and my hair was blonder, the dress made me look skinnier, my eyes popped with color. My aunt may got us in the car and I texted latin that I was goin somewhere, he was happy and said have fun. "It was some girl shaina who told me to bring you baby" she said as we started to drive in the night. Shaina? Why would she have my aunt on her Facebook? Me and my aunt listened to songs that I kinda liked, but they were kinda girly.

When we arrived, we were in the city and we stopped in front of a huge auditorium, there were lights everywhere, with a bunch of color popping in my eyes, I see crowds of people loading in the auditorium. There was two security sections and me and my aunt may made our way through, as I squeezed passed people, my aunt may grabbed my hand and led me to double doors, we entered and I saw less people but more dressed up people like they were about to perform. As I scanned I saw someone familiar....

Latins pov: I was at the show and talking to my contestants, I knew Daniel, Gilbert, Bella, shaina, Randall, taylor, and Anna. As I scanned for when my time was up I noticed blonde hair in the crowds, I ignored it but it seemed familiar. As I made my way into the backstage area I saw shaina and Daniel and Gilbert talking, "hi guys" I said, "hey latin" said shaina. We laughed about how we would all get a scholarship for nationals coming up. The night stars shined through the windows. I stared out, I heard a muffled name that I knew from shaina, I turned and.....there she was....
Ari was walking towards me, but in my reality in slow motion....she smiled at me as she saw me as if she were relieved and happy to see me, I looked her up and down, she looked so beautiful, I couldn't find my words when she came up and looked up at me.
"Hi" she said in a quiet, soft tone. "Hi" I said, but I couldn't speak, she was so...........gorgeous......kinda...hot.
Ignore me, but this is true, I never seen her dressed like this, and her smile.....wow.

Speaker:next up is latin ledger and shaina Dorman with the song, pretty woman!
Shoot my turn was up next, "I guess that's you" she said with a sarcastic smile, "yeah, you'll see me out there" I said as I was excited but nervous at the same time.
She smiled and turned as she walked away with her aunt out towards the auditorium. As I watched her walk away I couldn't help but notice, she has a beautiful complex.
Sorry I sound weird right now.
"Let's go shortstack!" Shaina yelled to me.

Later: speaker: here is Latin ledger and his partner shaina Dorman as they perform, pretty woman! As people clapped for me I walked out tall and blinded by the lights shined on me and shaina. I sat down on the piano and started to adjust the microphone in front of me, I saw shaina adjusting hers as she cleared her throat and tapped the mike. When I settled my hands into place, me and her looked at eachother and nodded, I started playing as shaina started to sing, her voice was angelic and went beautifully with our chosen song. Before my part, I started to fasten the pace quickly, then I sang my words and got up towards shaina. "Mabagal, nang mabagal!" As I sang my heart out, I found ari in the second row staring me, but in a certain way I loved.

Arimefu's pov: I stared at latin as he found me and stared and smiled as he sang, I felt hypnotized as I zoned out my attention to him, I smiled back as he finished his chorus and bowed to me. I felt so happy and warm to be here to watch him. As they exit I clapped so hard and even cheered his name. As I hurried out into the main lobby I ran to the backstage area and when I found him, I ran into him with a hug, I wrapped my arms around him so tight. " you were amazing!" I yelled in a happy tone. "Thank you" he said with a soft chuckle. "Honestly, where was this when I came over!" I looked up at him, as he stared back down, I felt like it was the right moment to tell him how I feel. "Latin i-" "move!!" Shaina shoved me aside. "Latin, your voice is so mature and handsome, wow!" She said in a bubbly, flirtatious tone. "Well thanks but watch where you step. Latin came over and checked on me, "you okay?" He said with a nervous chuckle. "Oh I'm good!" I said even though I wanted to push shaina to the ground.

Me and Latin hugged and said goodbye, as I was walking away, he stopped me, as I turned around, he pulled me in and kissed me.