𝚄𝚗𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜(𝙿𝚝 𝟸)

Start from the beginning

(Okay so, in this case the Mutt can be a definition for someone who is incompetent or stupid, a fool overwise. But also ironically that Y/N is also a Mutt, technically)

Elizabeth now sits besides Cain, as he continues telling the story.

"It turned out that Liz had been sold as a slave to that enemy nation. Because of that, she didn't trust anyone but herself. But maybe that was what you'd call a fateful encounter. Even as she complained bitterly that he was a naïve man and Y/N was just a mutt, Liz gradually grew attracted to Meliodas and began loving Y/N like a sister. She was a girl who had an uncommon charm herself, and the rest of us began opening up to her. Of course, that was from a time long past."

"I can't believe she thought they were naïve and a mutt. Sir Meliodas is just very...very kind, and Y/N can just be quite, laid back at times...that's all." Cain just chuckles

"Do you know the reason why he won't carry a decent sword around with him?" Elizabeth just shakes her head, "He's too powerful. No one who's crossed swords with him has lived to tell the tale, and he doesn't like to put himself in that situation. At the same time though, I also think he can be too gentle a soul." Cain reaches into his cloak, pulling out a small sword and placing it on the table.

"What is that?" Elizabeth asks.

"It's something Liz once tried to give Meliodas as a gift."

"Thanks, but I don't need a sword. I don't wanna kill anybody." Meliodas says, waving Liz off, who is holding the sword. Y/N stands besides her with arms crossed and a frown,

"You know, once day you're gonna wish you had this sword." She says, shaking her head.

"So I accepted it for him, and I've been holding on to it ever since." Cain says, as Elizabeth continues to stare down at the sword. "And Y/N, she may not look it but she had the kindest heart out of everyone. Have you ever noticed when she fights, she tends to be quite gentle with them, playful even?"

"Like when she fought that man at the festival?" Elizabeth says, thinking back to Y/N's fight against Caesar, and how she was "playing with her food" as Meliodas described it. 

"Exactly. She was always someone who could never kill someone who didn't deserve it. She'd always find a way to save them, killing them only if they have threatened someone close to her. However, I remember looking at that girl once, seeing her kind smile yet her eyes never matched, they always held some sort of sadness in them whenever she stared at Liz, as if she knew what was going to happen...And even now, I see that sadness in her eyes as if everyone she looks at is a ghost of her past...a regret of not being able to save them.

Back with the other Sins, the monster is resting in it's knees with it's hand-fingers holding it up, Ban rips his arm out of Y/N's tight grasp, huffing while Y/N just frowns and glares towards the monster

"Ban...why'd you have to kill him." She asks, looking up to him with cold eyes.

"All I did was bring the curtain down on the crappy life of some guy who turned into a monster. Trust me, I did him a favour."