CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, curse of tanner manner

Start from the beginning

Violet chuckles, amused by his reaction. "Yeah, they're not that scary." She remarked sarcastically.

"Shut up." Jackson grumbled.

"This is so much cooler than a party full of eight year olds." Ramona grinned.

"I don't know about that. I think I prefer that party than this." Violet admitted, staying close to Jackson. Neither of them had realized their arms had continued o be wrapped around each other.

Suddenly, when a animatic monster flew at them, causing them all to scream and scramble away from him. "Yeah, good one, big dude." Jackson nervously said as they tried to catch their breaths.

Ramona scoffs when she noticed a table of fake heads. "These are so fake."

"You're fake." One of the heads remarked, causing Ramona to scream, backing up to stand by Violet and Jackson.

"I guess they're all not fake." Violet muttered.

Suddenly, the coffin near the table of heads open and an actor dressed as Dracula walked out. "Come. Be my bride. Forever." He spoke in Dracula's voice.

Violet and Ramona shared a wide eyed look. "Who, me or her?" Ramona asked nervously.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to say no thanks to that." Violet retorted.

"No, him!" The Dracula actor points at Jackson, causing the three preteens to share a confused look. "You see what I did there?" The actor asks, speaking in his normal voice. "I flipped the joke." The three preteens just continued to stare at him and the actor shrugged, rolling his eyes and got back in the coffin and closed the door.

Jackson jumps, backing away when someone tapped his shoulder. "Enter, young teens. If you dare..." Violet's eyes widened as she stared at the actor dressed as a zombie. He was in a nearby room, pointing at them.

"Do we dare?" Jackson questioned, glancing back at the girls nervously.

"I don't dare." Violet admitted.

"Of course we dare." Ramona argued.

After taking a look inside the room, Jackson looks at Ramona. "You dare first."

Ramona sighs and walks inside, Violet and Jackson close behind. Violet notices the room looked like some kind of lab. As they cautiously walked in, they jumped, startled when they heard a groan and saw a female zombie actor walking over to them. "Fresh brains."

"I'm not clear on the whole storyline here. Were you invented in the lab or did you break into the lab?" Ramona asked.

"Who are you, the logic police?" The male zombie actor remarks. When two other teens started to walk in, he points at them and orders. "Get out!" He then locks the door and turns back to the trio. "The door is locked. No one's going anywhere."

"Is that even allowed?" Violet nervously questioned.

"I was a hall monitor last year and that's against fire regulations." Jackson chimed in.

"Silence, nerd." The female zombie actor told him.

Violet couldn't help but snicker a little. "She called you a nerd." She said in a quiet voice, causing Jackson to glare at her.

"I'm not scared of you." Ramona said, trying to sound brave.

"We know." The male zombie actor replies. "We're sucking the thoughts right out of your brains."

"Okay, I watched The Walking Dead and I'm pretty sure zombies can't do that." Violet replied.

"Oh, really? How come we're doing it right now?" The male zombie asked as he and the female zombie acted as if they were sucking their thoughts out.