Chapter 10 - Forebidden

"There are many things that will catch your eye. But only a few will catch your heart."

We joined the group for lunch, and fell into a conversation about what we had and how we were holding up. I ate my lunch and listened too Tess as she tried to explain to Iris what the task had told her to do.
"Heads up." Jesse mumbled, rolling his eyes and lowering his head.
I could tell that immediately the group that approached weren't welcome, I didn't look but I could make out a familiar and annoying voice. I sighed as I heard them pointing out and lowering their voice as they approached. Tess nudged me, before looking down below the table. She had her foot in position to slid out when they would approach. I waited until the first one passed, Tess slid her foot out and next thing we heard was scuffling shoes.
"Watch were you're walking." One of them exclaimed.
"I was, she tripped me." The other one replied, pointing to Tess.
"Did you?" The first one asked.
Now I really knew who they were, the Harley brothers. I rolled my eyes as he placed his hands onto the table and leaned in.
"I won't deny that I tripped you, Tyson." Tess shrugged, not denying it.
"Why did you do it?" The older one asked.
"None of your business, Adam." Tess snapped back.
"Come on, boys. Move on will ya." Colin instructed them.
"Why should we. I think I see a perfect spot.... Right...here." The younger one said, squeezing in between Tess and I.
I slid over so that his body was not pressed against mine, but every time I did he shuffle over.
"Back off." I mumbled.
"Why? I quite like my spot, right here." He said, putting his arm around my shoulders.
"Come on, Cam. She told you to back off, so back off." Colin challenged.
"I'm good." Cam shrugged.
"Cam, you better leave now or else." Jesse warned.
"Or else what?" Cam asked, raising his eyebrows.
Jesse clenched his fists under the table, I rested one of my hands on his to stop him from doing something that he would not regret.
"Come on Cam. Let's leave these losers." Tyson beckoned him.
Cam rolled his eyes but obeyed his older brother and left us. Once they did I let Jesse's hands go, we all breathed a sigh of relief when the bell went for next period.
"Come on, Business Management." I beckoned Jesse.
"You do? Which room?" Tess asked me.
"Block A, room 02." I replied following Jesse.
"Right beside you, room 03." Tess nudged me.
We didn't waste any time getting to our class and neither did our teacher. She wasn't short but she wasn't tall. She had brown hair with a blonde streak, she had brown eyes.
She wore long black pants with a white top that went into grey. She looked like she meant business.
"Hurry up, inside." She shooed us, hurrying into the classroom.
I followed Jesse inside, he shook his head before nodding to the teacher.
"Remember your sitting plan." She said, putting her stuff down.
"Excuse, miss. I don't have a seat." I murmured to her.
"Name?" She asked.
"Miranda Rizzoli." I replied, watching as she flicked through her book.
"Right, the new one. Um... You can have a seat next to Tyson." She beckoned to me.
I sighed and moaned silently before taking a seat, we heard scuffling feet and laughter before Tyson walked in.
"And why are you late?" She asked, not looking up from her book.
"I didn't know where I was." He shrugged, placing his books down on the desk next to mine.
"That is no excuse, next time you are late you can write out everything we have learnt... twice." She instructed.
"Yes, miss." He shrugged, not caring.
"Right, let's get down to business." She said, "Tyson can you please email Miranda the work we have done."
Tyson rolled his eyes, before turning on his laptop. I completely ignored him for most of the lesson, I turned to my laptop and began to research before the email came up.
"Thanks." I mumbled to him, not making eye contact.
He sighed, I heard the desk being lifted up and being moved beside mine.
"What are you doing?" The teacher asked, looking up.
"Miranda said that she needed help, I thought that it would be easier if I sat next to her and explained." Tyson replied.
"Very well, but stay quiet." She instructed before going back to her work.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled, continuing his work.
"For what?" I asked, a frown on my face.
"For my brother Cam's ignorant ass and completely rude behaviour." Tyson replied, looking up from his work.
"It's okay. Just promise me one thing." I said, looking him in the eye.
"And what would that be?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.
"Next time your brother Cam does anything like that ever again, I am the one who gets to hit him." I said.
Tyson chuckled, looking down and shaking his head, "Deal."
Throughout the rest of the lesson, Tyson explained the things they had already done and quite surprisingly I had picked it up pretty quickly, well quicker then I thought I would. When the bell went to signal the end of the lesson, I thanked Tyson for all his help and he offered that if I ever needed help with it to just let him know and he'll help.
"So... You and Tyson, best buddies. Huh?" Jesse came up and nudged me.
"Jealous are we?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"What! No." Jesse shrugged before Tess joined us.
Once she did Jesse said that he would wait for Sam and Colin before joining us.
"Ignore him." Tess rolled her eyes, shaking her head.
"I've learnt that." I replied, before we sat down at the table.
"Hey, Miranda." A sweet 'innocent' voice said.
Immediately Tess' shoulders sagged and she rolled her eyes, "What do you want, Grace?"
"Just to welcome the new student." Grace replied, poking her tongue out at Tess.
"Thanks for that, but you can go now." I replied, looking her in the eye.
Grace looked at us both, a judgemental gaze and snotty look. Instead of continuing she turned and flicked her hair before marching off with her minions behind her.
"Wow, she didn't like you." Sam said, sitting down beside me.
I glared at him before hitting him in the arm. Sam rubbed the spot where I had hit him and acted like it hurt.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Tyson and Miranda are the best of friends." Jesse joked.
"You're just jealous." I declared, going along with it.
"I wouldn't be surprised." Sam murmured to me, rolling his eyes.
Jesse glared and hit him in his other arm, Sam glared at him and was about to hit him back but thought better of it when a teacher walked past.
"I'll get you back." Sam mumbled to Jesse, playfully glaring at his brother.
Jesse smiled triumphantly before finishing off the rest of his lunch. When the bell went, I could see that Jesse wasn't happy.
"What's wrong?" I asked, walking alongside him.
"Nothing." He shrugged.
"Not you too." I moaned, my shoulders sagged.
"What do you mean by not me too?" Jesse challenged.
"It doesn't matter." I shook my head.
"You can find your own way to class." Jesse said, walking ahead.
"Is everything okay?" Sam asked, coming up beside me.
"I'm not to sure." I sighed.
"Where are you?" Sam asked, changing the subject.
"Block h, room 36." I replied.
"I'll take ya. Your in my class anyway." Colin joined.
"Thanks." I smiled, before following Colin.
We came to the class to find that Jesse wasn't around, there seemed to be a mixture of grades in the class.
"This is a mixed class, we are all learning the exact same thing this year." Colin explained.
"What grade are you in?" I asked, looking up.
"11." Colin replied. "If you didn't pick it, Sam and Jesse are twins."
"Really?" I asked him, surprised to what Colin had said.
"Yep, Sam is older by like 30 seconds." Colin chuckled.
I shook my head at the random fact about the three brothers, the teacher came in and nodded to us.
"You can sit beside me." Colin murmured to me.
I nodded before taking the seat beside Colin, the teacher marked the roll, calling out our names and waiting for a reply.
"Colin." He called out.
"Yep." Colin simply replied, looking up.
"Jesse." He called out once more.
There was no reply, the class looked around for a sign of Jesse.
"He was here." Colin answered.
"Well, he'll have to go see the principal tomorrow, if the principal decides to show up." The teacher mumbled.
I looked to Coin and frowned, then it hit me. His face was familiar and it held the glimmer of cold-hearted emotions.
"He was at the fight the other night." I mumbled to Colin.
Colin nodded, "He was the one that was about to go and help Brady when you growled at him."
"Can they touch us?" I asked, mumbling to Colin.
"No, it is law by both human and supernatural that hunters can not touch any supernatural being whilst at school or in town unless for a specific reason." Colin replied, shaking his head.
"What would that specific reason be?" I asked.
"Say that I shifted, right here, right now. That means that then they could touch us. Or if some other supernatural being did something to show themselves then they could and will have every right to harm us." Colin replied.
I nodded before beginning to listen to the teacher who explained what we would be doing and when our dates for exams would be. When the bell went to symbolise the end of the day, we all instinctively stood up and began to packed our things up. He dismissed us and now the race to the busses began. Colin and I quickly got to our bus and took our seats, Colin sat beside me as everyone else began to pile onto the bus, Jesse didn't show and before we could ask the bus driver to wait for a little while longer the bus left.
"Someone's going to be trouble." Sam murmured to us.
"Leave him alone." Colin retorted.
"I can't wait till your father tears him to shreds." Sam mumbled to me.
I rolled my eyes at Sam's childish behaviour.
"Don't you have high jump practice this afternoon?" Colin asked, changing the subject and raising his eyebrows.
"No, Coach Rizzoli canceled it." Sam said, raising his head high.
"My dad is the coach?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
"He coaches all of the athletics and some sporting teams." Colin replied. "On top of doing his school hours job."
"There is a reason for why he does it." Sam mumbled once Colin had finished.
After everyone had piled off the bus, Jackson pulled up outside our house.
"Last stop." He said, opening the door.
"Thanks." Colin mumbled.
"See you all later, have to go give the bus back." Jackson said as the last of us hopped off.
Once he left, my nose smelt something familiar. "Do you guys smell that?" I asked them.
"Someone's gonna be in really big trouble." Sam mumbled, nudging Colin.
"Excuse me for a moment." Colin said shoving his bag into Sam's chest.
Before we could argue, Colin's clothes were thrown at Riley who caught them before chucking them at Sam. We heard a growl before Ace appeared from where Colin was.
"Some people are going to be in really big trouble." Sam chuckled.
"Not if you keep your mouth shut." Ace growled, snapping at Sam.
"Fine, I won't tell anyone." Sam swore.
"You better not, cause if you do someone here is going to have a nice fur rug on their bedroom floor." Ace threatened him.
Sam whimpered, shoving Colin's uniform into his bag. We began to walk to the house whilst Ace disappeared into the forest. When we walked in, my dad was waiting for us.
"Afternoon." He nodded to us.
We all nodded before beginning to file up into our rooms.
"Where's Colin and Jesse?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as Sam passed.
"They had to finish some work at school." Sam replied.
"Do I have to go get them?" My dad asked.
"Nope, the teacher said that he would drop them off." Sam shook his head before racing up the stairs.
"Great cover story." I whispered as he ran past.
"Help me, will you." Sam said, pulling me out of my room.
"What are we doing?" I asked.
"Making sure that our cover story sticks." Sam said, opening his window.
We waited for a sign of Colin and Jesse, we heard movement from the forest. Colin appeared, and came up to the house. He beckoned for both his and a set of Jesse's clothes. I turned away to save my eyes from being blinded by Colin's nudity. Sam threw the clothes down before handing me his phone.
"Press the button when I give you the thumbs up." Sam mumbled.
Before long Jesse and Colin appeared with their clothes on, Sam gave me thumbs up. I pressed the button on his phone a loud sound of a car driving in began to play. We waited patiently before Sam threw down their bags. Colin and Jesse slipped the bags on and acted out. The sound of slamming doors echoed and a 'Remember to do your homework!' After that the sound of a car driving out played and then it stopped. We watched as Colin and Jesse came to the door. Both Sam and I walked out of Sam's room and quietly came to the corner that lead to the stairs. We heard the door open and we watched as my dad looked up.
"Nice of you two to join us." He said, raising his eyebrow.
"Sorry, the teacher wanted to see us after school." Colin said, playing along with our cover story.
"What about?" My dad asked turning to Jesse.
"Just to let us know that if we don't have our homework done for next lesson then we will have a meeting with the principal." Jesse replied.
"Well, you two better get up stairs and get it done." My dad instructed them.
Colin and Jesse raced up the stairs, both Sam and I had changed our clothes and waited patiently for them. We smiled as both Colin and Jesse joined us, high-fiving.
My dad's voice boomed, "That doesn't sound like homework!"...