do I want to be a pirate? When you're a pirate your always being hunted by the marines and other pirates, it can be very dangerous. What if I die? What if we get caught by marines? What if we have great adventures and if I say no I-

"Thats alright, but it would be nice to have you." Luffy says.

"YOU IDIOT, NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE SOLVED WITH BEER!" Nami shouts outside.

"Well, I better see what's going on" Luffy laughs a little and heads for the door.

"WAIT, what's your name?" I ask.

"I'm Monkey D Luffy!" he says before walking out.

I've spent around 2 days with Luffy and his "crew." I say it like that because he calls them his crew but only Zoro has actually agreed to join. I'm still thinking about the offer Luffy gave me, I've been overthinking way too much about it, but I think I might join. I've got nowhere else to go anyway, I might as well.

"LAND!" Luffy shouts. I look up to see him standing on the head of the ship pointing at a smallish piece of land.

I guess that's Gecko Island that Nami was telling me about. I run over and lean on the front next to Luffy, I smile. I wonder if Luffy can get a better ship there. He certainly doesn't have the money for it.

"Well, there's Gecko Island. So, we will drop you off" Nami says pointing at me.

"And then we can get a bigger boat" She finishes.

Oh, they're dropping me off here... I look away sad, I don't want to stay on the island.

"Yeah, and we could get meat. lots of meat!" Luffy says.

"And beer," Zoro adds on. I giggle a little at the silliness to the two before looking down at the water. The island draws closer and closer letting me get a better view of the island I'm going to be supposably living at.

A soft scrappaging sound comes from the bow as the small boat pulls up onto the sandy beach. No other ships in sight. A large cliff face stretches around the smallish island making it almost impossible to enter apart from two ramp like walkways on the north and south side of the island. Fortunately for us, we docked right beside the Northern ramp making it easier to access Syrup village.

"Ah" I step out of the boat along with Zoro, Nami and Luffy. All of us stretch before looking around.

"Feels good to be on dry land again!"

"Yeah, sure does."

I've sort of missed the land.

"There's a village around here somewhere, right?" Luffy asks looking at Nami.

"Yeah, looks like a small one though..." she replies before being almost knocked over by Luffy.

"OO! OO! Then there's meat! Theirs meat! There has to be a place to eat meat in this village!" Drool pools out of Luffy's mouth as he thinks about meat.

"Just forget about meat for a minute, would ya?" Nami says through gritting teeth. I giggle a little at the conversation the two are having before pulling my attention away to the cliff tops. A loud rustling catches my attention.

"Careful, were being watched" Zoro says warily as he unsheathes one of his swords, intensely looking at the bushes that surround the cliff tops.

"By who? Where are they? They got meat?" Luffy says looking around hopefully.

"Oh yeah, of course they would give meat to some random strangers on the beach" I say sarcastically.

"Really?" he looks at me.

"Definitely not Luffy. I was kidding!" I say as I look back up at the tops of the cliff.

"LOOK OUT!" Just as Zoro says that a bunch of what looks like bullets shoot out from the bushes at the top of the cliff right at Luffy's feet making him dance around to avoid them. Me and Nami both scream and run back to the side of the ship, out of harm's way. Just then, four lots of three flags shoot out from behind the bushes. making Luffy gawk at them.

"THATS SO COOL!" he shouts out.

"Is this supposed to mean that were impressed?" Nami asks.

"You figured out too huh?" I say, looking over at her but before she can answer me, a loud laugh comes from on the cliff edge.

"HAHAHA, IM USSOP. LEADER OF THE INVINCABLE NATION OF PIRATES WHO RAID OVER THIS ISLAND! YOU STAND BEFORE A LIVING LEDGEND. THE MOST FEARED PIRATE WHO EVER LIVED! I AM THE GREAT CAPTAIN USSOP!" The curly haired boy finally finishes his long rant.

"How modest..." I mumble.

"He, I wonder how many times he had to recite that to get it right?"

"SURELY YOU KNOW THAT PLANNING AN ATTACK ON THIS ISLAND WHOULD MEAN SERTAIN DEATH. MY ARMY OF 80 MILLION SUPER MEAN PIRATES SOLDIERS WOULD SQUASH YOU LIKE BUUUGS!" He screams to us as he lifts his arms above his head and showing off all the flags that he and a few friends have put up.

"AWSOME!!!" Luffy screams as he falls for the random village boys lies. i look at Nami questioningly. She just shrugs and sighs.

How is he so gullible?

"You expect us to believe that?" Nami yells at the boy making his face turn white, his eyes grow wide, and his mouth hang open before screaming in what sounds like terror.

"She knows..." He says shockingly.

Word count: 1395