realise

"Somun,

it's me, Hana.

Here I am again.

If you were awake, I'm pretty sure you would get tired of seeing me everyday.

When are you going to wake up, Somun?

Me and the others are waiting for you, do you know? We miss you and I probably miss you the most..

I realised that I have still many things I have to tell you.

Do you remember our first meeting? In front of the noodle shop?

You were with your friends — Ungmin and Juyeon — our eyes met, but I had to go,  and we felt bad for suddenly leaving and closed the restaurant. Were you waiting for so long?

A few days later we met again. And sometimes I wonder if it was meant to be, to have met each other again.

Since the first day we met, I couldn't help myself but keep worrying about you and make me want to protect you.. I am making you cringe right now, am I?

I know that I've always acted cold towards you, but I know you've been through a lot, I know that feeling. I lost my family in the past but thanks to you I don't feel lonely anymore. And I don't want to lose you.

So if you're having a hard time, you should tell me. You idiot.

I've been thinking about you lately, about us. 
We have been avoiding this topic, haven't we?

We are not the same, Somun. Or is it just me?"

Somun slowly woke up, he saw Hana's face.

"Hana" he called out her name as she looked at him in relieved, she came closer to him as she hugged him.

"You scared me" she said, the boy stayed in silence as he was surprised to see this side of her.

She finally broke the hug as they faced each other. Somun noticed Hana's tears.

"I'm sorry" Somun said.

"I really thought I would lose you. I still have so many things to tell you" Somun took her hand as he stretched out his hand to dry her tears.

The young boy was now trying to sit up in bed, making worrying the young girl.

"You should lie down —"

"I like you, Do Hana." He said confidently.

The two got interrupted before Hana could tell something.

The doctor arrived as he checked on the young boy as the others rushed to his room. The room was now filled of the counters crying.

The young boy couldn't help but cry as well, Ms. Chu gave him a big hug.

"I'm sorry" he apologised once again.

"We are sorry, Somun. We should have keep you safe" Motak said.

"Don't blame yourselves, it was my choice. I want to keep all of you safe and if I go back in time,  I would do it again. I lost my parents once and I don't want to lose you either. I don't know what I'll do without you"

"Your parents raised you so well, Somun. But we will do anything to keep you safe. If you're having a hard time, we will be there" more tears escaped from Somun's eyes, they were now red from all the crying.

-

Hana and Somun were now left alone in the room. No one spoke for a few minutes.

"So.. what were you saying before?" Hana awkwardly broke the silence.

"When?" Somun asked clueless.

"Earlier, before we got interrupted by the doctor and the others.." Hana replied, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

Somun smirked as he tried to tease her. He rarely saw this side of her, he found her cute when she acted that way.

"Oh that. I said I don't know what I'll do without all of you."

"Not that.. before. When we were just the two of us" she was still not looking at him.

"I said I like you, Do Hana." He moved closer and held her hands in his.

Her heart was pounding louder as she closed her eyes, anticipating for what's happening next. He leaned in closer, lips gently brushing together, tentatively, for the first time.

Hana felt butterflies in her stomach as she kissed him back.
The kiss was slow but passionate, they paused as they gazed into each other's eyes.

"I like you too, Somun" She finally confessed.

The two young counters were both smiling widely.

"I've never thought that I would be kissing the same person who slammed me against the wall during our first group photo because she hated skinship"

"Shut up!" Hana said as she hit him on the shoulder, making Somun winced in pain. Hana got worried as he was just faking it. The young boy smiled as he started tickling Hana in her most ticklish spot, which was the stomach, and the room was filled of the two laughing.

"Guys let's eat— oh my! I'm sorry for interrupting!" Jeokbong said as he saw the two very close to each other as he immediately got out of the room.

"Hyung!" Somun said as he went to him.

"I didn't see anything, I swear. I'm letting you two alone!"

"Somun! Don't run! You should still rest!"

The end.

-

A/N: edited.

i hope you can still enjoy reading this short-story! tuc season two only gave us crumbs of somun and hana, but i hope this short story made you happy hhh.

thank you for reading 'realise'!~