Despite being a dream, they felt so real. They were hugging Liu'er with such strength, their little shoulders shaking.

"What troubles you?" He asked the cub, running his fingers through their hair.

"... I'm lost..."

Macaque held his breath. Lost? Were they? No, they were right here in his arms. "You are right here."

"No." The cub blubbered. "I'm not. I'm missing.

This child's eyes were so brilliantly gold- just like how Wukong's used to be. "Missing...?" Mihou shook his head. Missing implied that this child was originally his to begin with. Mihou would never allow something of his to be taken- especially his children. Yet, he so strongly felt this boy was his.

As much as he stared into this child's face, he couldn't grasp what he was seeing. Brown hair, brilliant golden colored eyes, sweet nose, and- it eluded him. As quickly as he registered the face, it was gone a moment later. The shape of his eyes or the unmistakable sound of his voice vanishing.

Did he hear words but not a voice? That didn't make sense. He strained his powerful ears, but nothing occurred. Perhaps because this was a dream, and dreams didn't ever make sense. This would explain why he felt such feelings for a boy who wasn't his...

He is yours.

See, dreams make no sense.

This child was his. Like his SunSpot. His... Oh, his Moon Drop. He liked that...

"You have nothing to fear," Mihou tilted the chin of the child to look him in the eye. "Even if you are lost, I will find you."

The boy tilted his head, "You will?"

Liu'er nodded, determined for this to be so. "I don't see why I wouldn't."

The child was noiseless after that. Then he laughed a twisted noise that was broken in its sound. "You can't find something you don't know is missing." There was a bitterness in his tone. "You shouldn't lie like that. I'm sick and tired of lies."

Feeling like he was slapped, Liu'er flinched. He had never glimpsed such wild distrust and hurt from someone so young. Who had disregarded his child's heart this way? "Moon Drop..." He touched his cheek.

The child's lower lip quivered at the name. He peered back over his shoulder in a moment of terror. Despite his cold utterance a moment ago, he gathered handfuls of Mihou's shirt to attach to. "I-I don't want to go. Please don't lose me. Promise you'll find me!"

Liu'er snagged his hands, startled. "W-What? I would never lose-?"

There was a feeling like a tug. The child cried out, nearly torn from Mihou at the initial contact. Mihou gasped, snagging the boy to hold onto, clinging to him with more fervor now. He could feel some unseen force pulling the youngling away from him- trying to drag him into the unknown. He saw nothing, the invisible force stronger than he could defy.

"No!" Someone was trying to take him...!

The child was ripped from him all too abruptly. Mihou screamed, extending his arms to catch them, but he was too far. He was too far away! He was losing him!

"Baba!"

They cried for him. They needed him! "No! Please!" As far as he ran, Liu'er couldn't seem to get closer.

NO!

Mihou was surging upward, gasping as he emerged from his dream and landed right back into his bed. He sat upright in fright, the scream from his dream ripping outward into reality.