Scars and Missing Pieces

Start from the beginning

He could get rid of him now. How his Lady would delight in knowing he had ended the Demon Bull Line in its tracks. As quick as blowing out a candle. Oh, but... hmm... perhaps His Lady had ulterior plans for this boy? He should only get rid of him once he was certain.

"Red Son...!" Xiaotian lifted his hands, fumbling forward. His legs were wobbly, and his energy was officially depleted after the chase. He tried to lung at the man and attack him- but was promptly met with a foot ramming into his chest, knocking the Prince to the ground.

With the air knocked out of his system, Xiaotian gasped. His vision was blurry, but he was aware enough to recognize they weren't alone anymore. Behind them, two more soldiers appeared from another hall. They ran for them, stopping just before reaching the three- waiting for orders from the man supposedly in charge.

"Now, be a good little Prince and wait your turn." The man, no, the Monster, tossed Red Son, and he was thrown into the waiting arms of a prepared soldier. The skeleton demon held Red Son tightly, containing the child from interfering.

Red Son kicked and yelled, "Release me!"

The enemy before them strolled toward Xiaotian with an amused smile. Watching as the child rolled onto his side and tried to stand. "Care for a dance, your Majesty? I'm sure you know how to at your age. If not... I'd be happy to teach you." he mused, his hand settling on Xiaotian's head. Tightening his fingers, he gripped the child's fur and lifted him up. Xiaotian cried out, kicking his legs.

Like he weighed nothing, he was pulled from his feet, suspended in the air by the grip on his head. His mind was racing, but nothing he could think of would work. He had nothing on him that could stop this man. He was faster and more robust than he could predict. He was cornered...

Help...

Held at a distance from the man, Xiaotian held his breath. What was this man planning on doing? He couldn't see any obvious weapons, but the sickening blue glow in the man's other hand was concerning. The demon lifted that same glowing hand with a smirk. "Are you ready for Destiny...?"

Help...!

"N..No..." Xiaotian shook his head. Terror of the unknown gripped him.

"Shh, Shh. No need to fuss." the Man chided, his glowing blue hand hovering above Xiaotian's chest. A poor attempt to soothe the boy, "Just relax." his eyes were at ease, but his smirk was wicked. "Now, show me..." the Man's fingers were like sharp claws, plunging into Xiaotian's chest. He was digging into the fabric and flesh, gripping the child. He lifted the boy higher, blue energy seeping from his fingers in search of something, consuming the young Prince's form. Xiaotian eyes widen.

AHHHHHHH!!!

Xiaotian could hear himself scream. His voice fractured into a high pitch wail at the bitter cold that pierced him. There was no obvious sign of injury, for that wasn't this Man's intention.

No, it was more like he was searching deeper for something hiding within Xiaotian's heart or soul.

Every sense was screaming. Ice, burning and horrid, overtook him, leaving a destructive wave of chaos in its path. It seeped into his blood, surpassed his mind, and grasped his soul in boney fingers.

He must have screamed more, but his ears had closed up. All he felt was cold and pain.

"Stop it..!" Red Son shrieked, terror for his friend lacing his voice. "Father!! Mother!! Help!!" He wiggled and twisted, "You're hurting him! Stop it, please!"

Xiaotian's head tilted back, a sapphire glow swirling in his eyes as he fell disturbingly quiet. He shuddered, his body twitching as the dark magic slipped deeper. It entangled within him, coiling around the depths of his soul- searching, reaching . It was like poison- so unbearably hot and frigid at the same time.