The location had been set, and together Wukong and Macaque left Flower Fruit Mountain to find a final resting place for the Monkey King's Staff. In that time, Nezha had breached the safety of the seals within the Mountain. Considered an ally, a friend, a brother, of course he was allowed entry and the seals were not set off to detect his presence. It was almost too easy- painfully so.

The reasoning for this deceit was hard to swallow, but even if Nezha disagreed, he could not go against the Emperor- the man he swore his spear to. So no matter why the Jade Emperor insisted that the two children could not coexist, he followed his order.

For a time, he convinced himself you could actually accomplish this madness. It was only when he stood above two wailing cubs, only recently hatched from their stone egg, that he faltered.

Never had he been asked to slay someone so young. It left a sickening taste in his mouth. As much as he tried, and he certainly tried, he could not find the will to see it through.

So instead, he opted for another course of action; to hide the children where no one would find him. Blend him in with the masses of the human realm, and let the child grow and age. Without the touch of the celestial realm, or the taste of its food, the child would surely age the same way all mortals did.

There would be no longevity to his life, and within 100 years, he would be gone. The worries of the Celestial Council could be satiated, and his Brother-.... No, he didn't deserve to call the Monkey King that anymore.

Sun Wukong, would never know. He would live peacefully with Liu'er Mihou and their newborn. Nezha had already ensured there was not a single trace of a second infant born atop that mountain.

All he had to do now was step away and everything would be done. It was this last step that seemed to be his greatest struggle.

It felt almost fitting that the child should grow up here, in Megapolis. Several miles outside the city, overlooking its great view, Wukong had settled his Staff atop a neighboring mountain. Nezha felt almost poetic that he would have the child living where his Father's presence would be close at hand.

Poetic and cruel.

He shook his head with a small musing, "You knew the risks." extending his hand, a small lotus petal formed between his fingers. He settled it against the child's sleeping chest. "Grow well, young one." Nezha patted their head, scooting the basket a tad closer to the door. He stood pressed against the doorbell.

In a flash, he was gone, leaving nothing but a soft wind's breeze.

Moments later, the door opened.

"Hello?" an older woman stepped out into the crisp night air. She was wrapping a shawl around her shoulders. Puzzled, she looked around for any sign of who had pressed the bell. Finding no one, she almost turned to go inside, before noticing a basket.

She gasped, scrambling closer the moment she realized what was in. "Oh! Oh you poor dear!" recognizing a child, she lifted him from his small bed to hold him to her chest. He didn't stir once, peacefully asleep.

There was no note. No semblance of a name. Just a small child in a basket with a lotus petal in his hands, and a circular pendant around his neck.

They named him... MK.
———————————

Liu'er Mihou was nearly in tears when they arrived back home. While Wukong's expression was solemn, he couldn't stop the emotions that took over himself. The journey had been somber, welcomed by dark clouds above their heads. Hand in hand, he and his mate did not utter a word until they arrived home.