★ ABOVE ★

COSMOS

|S2 E8|1/2

|S2 E8|
1/2

"That's a lie. I like everyone."

★————————————★

The Doctor eventually took Penny up on her offer about a month later, the TARDIS appearing out of nowhere in the middle of her apartment, waving around a ringing alarm clock. Bright eyes and wide smiles, Penny's cheery mood reflected in her colorful outfit, a checkered blue sweater instead of her usual pink, and pleated gray shorts. She was just glad she'd been wearing something nice when the Doctor suddenly appeared.

This time around, she didn't have to think, mind already firmly made, stepping through the blue doors without a moment of hesitation.

The air inside was different, older, but not in a way that left it stale and dusty. Something close to magic thrummed inside its panels as Penny took in the wondrous new dimension. "It's huge!"

The Doctor paused, raising his eyebrows. "...Anything else?"

"Oh, um...its lovely, I love what you've done with the...walls?" Penny quickly added, worried she'd offended him in some way.

"I'll take it I suppose." He sighed, Rose laughing at his disappointed face. "First trip, then? What do you want to see."

Penny hummed to herself, still gazing at the impressive interior. "I don't know, surprise me."

"A surprise it is then!"

★————————————★

Traveling through time and space was a lot smoother of a ride than Penny expected it to be, and louder too. The TARDIS wheezed and groaned as it landed, the room rattling as it made contact with solid ground once more.

"Is it supposed to sound like that?" Penny asked as they walked through the double door entrance.

"No, not really. I wonder what's wrong with her. She's sort of...queasy." The Doctor patted the doors of the ship in concern. "Indigestion. Like she didn't want to land."

"If you think there's gonna be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else." Rose said, though it didn't take long until she and the Doctor burst out into laughter at the notion.

Looking around the room they'd stumbled into, it was lined with crates and metal boxes, the already small space made even smaller.

"I think we've landed inside a cupboard. Here we go." He turned the large wheel on the door, it creaking open in response and an automatic voice coming from a speaker somewhere above them.

"Open door 15." It spoke, and sure enough a large number 15 was painted on the front of the door they'd just gone through. The new area was just as metallic as the storage room, though not as clean and futuristic as Penny would have expected. Sounds of rough winds came from somewhere far away, yet could still be heard loudly inside the metal walls.