Chapter Five: Birth of Ultron.

Red sat as still as possible as Levinia pressed cold compresses to her shoulder and arm, but it was more annoying than it was soothing. She fidgeted in her seat as she turned and twisted the ring around her finger. 
Across from them, Steve was patching Clint up, and Tasha sat beside Bruce, who had his headphones on. He seemed to be having a hard time dealing with this most recent code green, but Red had no idea how to help. That was always Natasha's job. 
"Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever." Tasha said as she raised a hand to touch his shoulder. 
"Yeah, it did." Red said with a smile. "And you did great out there, Bruce." 
Bruce, as he had many times before this moment, gave Red a look of exasperation before he said. "Just wasn't expecting a Code Green." 
"If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties." Tasha said with a small smile. "And my best friends would have been treasured memories." 
Red scoffed as she looked away from them with a smile. "I was handling myself just fine, Tasha." 
Out of nowhere, without any sort of warning, Levi punched one of Red's burns. She sucked in a sharp gasp of mixed pain and surprise, but it was mostly just pain. Red flinched and glared at her daughter. 
"Okay, ow." She'd said when the pain dulled from the punch. "What the Hell, Lev?" 
Levinia simply shrugged. "Just proving a point." 
Brice cleared his throat, his way of politely interrupting them. "Guys, you know, sometimes, exactly what I wanna hear, isn't exactly what I wanna hear." 
Natasha tilted her head at him. "How long before you trust me?" 
"It's not you I don't trust." Bruce said as if it would be the end all, be all in this conversation. It was if he had forgotten how stubborn Natasha could be when it came to making sure her friends were okay. It was something Red both loved and hated about her friend. 
Red fidgeted uncomfortably as Levi put an IV into her arm. The last time she'd been hurt enough to need an IV, it was after they'd fought SHYDRA, and Bucky-she stopped herself there, she couldn't cry about missing him right then, she would later, when she was in the privacy of her room. 
"Do I have to have the tube?" She asked, glancing at Levi, before looking over at Tony as he spoke up. 
"Yes, Red. You need the tube." He said. 
"But its annoying... like you." Red said, whining as she kicked her legs. 
Tony sighed at her. "Suck it up, Fireball."
Red rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else on the subject. She turned her attention back to Natasha as she tried to help Bruce feel better about his Code Green by getting more of the team to chime in. 
"Thor," she said as her eyes landed on him. "Report on the Hulk?" 
Thor grinned at the pair, and Red already knew that this was about to end very poorly. "The Gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." 
Red and Levi giggled at him, and giggled even harder as Tasha glared at him, and Bruce groaned as he put his face into his hands. Red smiled as she looked up at her brother, "good job, Thor, you made things worse." And she snickered as his eyes went wide with horror. 
"Uh, but not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, uh." Thor stammered as he clapped his hands together with a tight smile. ".... wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and talks of sprained deltoids and-and-uh... gout." 
Red's smile turned into a grin. "You want a shovel for that hole you're digging, Brother?" 
Thor, looking very disappointed in himself, hung his head. "No, I think I'm digging it just fine on my own." 
Levi gave a final snort of laughter before she got up and finally sat down beside Steve. It made Red happy to see how happy they were together, but it also made her feel guilty because she always felt a little jealous. She wished she could be happy like them too. 
"Hey, Banner," Tony said, glancing over his shoulder as he spoke to the doctor. "Doctor Cho's on her way from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" 
"Oh yeah, she knows her way around." Bruce said. 
"Thanks." Tony said before he spoke to JARVIS. "Tell her to prep everything, Barton and Red are going to need the full treatment." 
Red sat up a little straighter in her seat to try and get a better look at him. "Since when do I need the full treatment? I'll be fine in a couple of days." Sure, she'd have a few scars, but that was nothing new. She still had the one on her cheek that Bucky had given her. And while she loved that Cho could fix them up, it was scar free and Red liked collecting them. Everyone else, however, thought it was weird that she liked getting scars, which was understandable. 
This time, it was Tasha that leaned over to hit one of the wounds that that girl had given her not twenty minutes ago. Red flinched violently away, and her IV bag swung dangerously as she did. "Will you people stop that?" 
Tasha raised an eyebrow at her, "will you take the treatment?" 
Red sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll take the damned treatment." She slowly inched away from the people surrounding her as she spoke. "Just stop assaulting me. Jesus." 
"Very good, Sir." JARVIS said. 
Tony cleared his throat. "JARVIS, take the wheel." 
"Yes, Sir. Approach vector is locked." 
Tony stood up and walked over to Red. She looked up at him as she leaned her head against one of the walls. It baffled her that he still looked at her like he wanted her, but she returned his hopeful look with a glare of her own. 
"Really glad you're taking the treatment," he said as he finally looked away from her face. "I didn't wanna hold you down and force you to take it." 
"Uh-huh." Red said in a bored tone. 
She wasn't sure if she'd ever treat him the way she did before all of the romance and hostility happened, but she didn't foresee friendliness happening any time soon. 
+++
After that particularly cold interaction with Red, Tony joined Steve, Levi and Thor as the three of them looked at the scepter. He crossed his arms over his chest as he looked over the thing they'd been chasing for just about two years at that point. 
"It feels good, yeah?" He said to Thor. "I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed, not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." 
Thor slowly nodded along with his words. "No, but this... this brings it to a close." He let out a sigh as he crossed his arms as well. 
"As soon as we find out what else this thing has been used for. And I don't just mean the weapons." Steve said as he reached over to pull Levi closer to him and held her against his side. "Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" 
"Since he decided to play God." Red chimed in, speaking in a tone of voice that made it sound like it should've been the obvious answer. 
Levi let out a bark of laughter. "Which one?" 
Red smirked. "Does it really matter?" 
Levi shrugged. "Not really, no." Steve chuckled and kissed the top of her head, but otherwise was silent.
Tony smiled at the three of them, but didn't make any sort of comment as he sighed. "Banner and I will give it the once before it goes back to Asgard, is that cool with you?" When Thor simply nodded, and said nothing more, Tony continued. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying, right?" 
"Yes, yes, of course." Thor said quickly with a broad smile. "A victory should be honored with revels." 
"Yeah, who doesn't love revels?" Tony glanced at Steve and Levi. "Captain? Levi?" 
"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri, and HYDRA, so." As Steve spoke, his hand trailed down to Levi's waist. Tony missed when he was able to hold Red like that. "Yes, revels." 
Levinia tilted her head this way and that as she considered this, or at least pretended to consider this. "We took down HYDRA, and got the scepter. I say we party." 
"Imma gave to get a new dress." Red said in a small voice as she now fidgeted with her IV. Tony leaned over and set his hand over hers, his heart gave a painful squeeze as she shifted away and out of his touch. 
"You'll be able to after you're patched up." Levi said, her voice now gentle. She could tell, just as well as he could, that Red was getting tired and over stimulated. 
Finally, the jet landed on the launch pad at Avengers Tower, and Natasha and Thor took Clint and Red inside and to the lab. Levinia held Steve's hand as Hill boarded the jet and approached Stark. 
"Lab's all set up, Boss." She said. 
"Uh, actually," Tony said as he pointed at Steve. "He's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." 
Levi raised an eyebrow at him as she smirked. "Did he mention that he'd humble too?" 
Tony returned the smirk. "Oh, I'm many things, Sparky, but humble is not one of them." 
He stood up and decided to follow Bruce to the lab, might as well get started on the scepter research and finally tell at least one of his teammates about his ideas for a world protecting AI. 
+++
Levi kept her hand in Steve's as they followed Hill through the tower. It was one of the few times that they had the time to be together after a mission, and she wanted to be there for the debriefing that Agent Hill was going to give Steve. 
"What's the word on Strucker?" He asked as they walked together. 
"NATO's got him." Hill answered. 
Steve nodded and gave Levi's hand a gentle squeeze. "The enhanced?" 
"Pietro, Wanda and Dawn Maximoff. Triplets." Hill said quickly as she opened up a few tabs on her tablet. Levi suspected that they were the files on the Maximoff's. "Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history, it's no where special, but it's on it's way to everywhere special." 
Levi glanced at Steve as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze in return. "So, we were right. There were three of them." 
Hill offered Levi a small smile. "It was a lucky guess, all things considered." 
"Their abilities?" Steve asked. 
As Hill spoke, she landed Levi the tablet. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis, Wanda's thing is neutral electric interfacing telekinesis and mental manipulation, and Dawn can do all of the above and more." 
She and Steve shared a confused look. Even though she was raised by Thanos, and knew some big words that they all didn't, this line of explanation still confused her, and it seemed as if it confused Steve even more. 
Levi cleared her throat before speaking. "Bless you?" 
Hill sighed as they arrived at the elevator. "He's fast and they're weird." 
Steve nodded. "Well, they're going to show up again." 
"Agreed," Hill said in a flat tone that gave nothing away. "File says that they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." 
"Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve said with an eyebrow raised and a smile playing at his lips. 
Hill gave him a bored look as the elevator doors opened. "We're not at war, Captain." 
"They are." Steve said as he and Levi entered the elevator and the doors closed between him and Levi, and Hill. 
Levi turned and looked up at him. "A German scientist made you who you are, right?" 
"That's right. That's why I don't blame them for volunteering."  
"I know you don't." Levi said with a sigh as he took her by the hips and gently pushed her against the wall behind her. Her heart fluttered against her chest as he gave her hips a gentle squeeze, she blinked a few times as she forced her mind back onto its train of thought. "We... it's not our fault how we're made, we can only control how we use the power we're given." 
Steve nodded as he leaned his forehead against hers. "Which is why I hope we don't have to do anything drastic." 
Levi closed her eyes as she reached up to hold Steve's face between her hands. She loved being able to touch him without the fear of hurting him. "Knowing our luck, we won't have a choice." 
+++
Red closed her eyes as Cho worked on her and Clint. He was glad that her wounds weren't on her sides like Clint's were, she got to lay on her stomach and relax. 
"Wish we had this machine when we were fighting SHYDRA." She muttered as she listened to the machine do its job." 
She thought she could hear Cho smiling as she said. "I could've healed that scar on your face every easily." 
Red raised her head to look at Cho, smirking as she did. "It is too late?" 
"Not unless you wanna cut your face open again." 
"That sounds like a bad idea." 
"Mhm." Clint muttered. 
As Red laid back down against the cot, Tony walked into the lab with a smile on his face. Two days ago, that smile would've made her feel giddy, now it just made her heart beat painfully against her chest. 
"You guys need anything?" He asked as he glanced over her and his gaze landed on Clint. 
"I could use something to drink." Clint said. 
Red nodded in agreement. "Me too." 
Tony crossed his arms over his chest as he looked at Red, then Clint, and back again. "You guys craving anything in particular?" 
Red and Clint looked at each other and shrugged. She wasn't really wanting anything. She wanted to wet her throat, and as such, he let Clint do all the talking. 
"Just surprise us." Clint said. 
Tony nodded. "You got it." 
Red closed her eyes. Thank God she only had to live with Tony a little while longer. Thank God that, after the party, she could put all of her energy into finding Bucky and bringing him home.
 +++
Tony rubbed the back of his neck as he walked into the lab. He knew Red well enough to know that she was counting down the days until she was finally able to leave the tower and go searching for her long lost love. Maybe if he was a better man, he would have helped her, or least offered it. But wasn't. He was selfish, and a part of him wanted her to hurt like he was. 
"How're they doing?" Bruce asked, bringing Tony out of his thoughts. 
Tony sighed dramatically. "Oh, unfortunately, he's still Barton and she's still stubborn." 
Bruce smiled. "That's terrible." 
"They're fine. They're thirsty." He said as he walked over to the computers and pulled JARVIS up. "Alright, look alive, JARVIS. It's play time. We've got a couple of days with this joy stick, so lets make the most of it. Update me on the structural and compositional analysis." 
It only took JARVIS a few seconds to get Tony what he wanted. "The scepter is alien. There are elements I can't quantify." 
Tony raised an eyebrow. "So, there's elements you can?" 
"The jewel appears to be a protective housing for something inside." JARVIS said. "Something powerful." 
Now Tony raised both eyebrows. "Like a reactor?" 
"Like a computer." JARVIS corrected him as he and Bruce went into the kitchen to get drinks for the group before they headed back to the 'hospital wing' part of Bruce's lab. "I believe I'm deciphering code." This scepter just kept getting weird and weirder the more they learned about it. 
"You sure he's going to be okay?" Natasha was saying as they walked in. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." 
Red suddenly raised her head with a small, playful glare on her face. "Hey! Don't talk about Team Dad like that." 
"Yeah!" Levinia said, giggling as she agreed with her mom. "Team Dad is very important." 
Tony stood in the doorway, chuckling with Cho as he processed their antics. There were times, like just now, where Red and Levi acted more like best friends rather than mother and daughter, though he supposed that was only natural given how much time they've spent apart before they were reunited. 
"There's no possibility of deterioration." Cho said as she sobered up. "The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. Neither his, nor Red's, cells know that they're binding with simulacrum." 
Red simply blinked at Cho. "Our cells are doing what?" 
"She's creating new tissue." Bruce told her helpfully, to which Red nodded and relaxed once again. 
Cho smiled as she checked her handy work, she was most likely just making sure the machines were running just fine. "If you brought them back to my lab, the regeneration cradle could do this in twenty minutes." 
Tony chuckled again as he finally started to pass out drinks to those in the room. "Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" 
Clint slowly shook his head. "No, no, no, I'm going to live forever." He smiled as he sipped his drink. "I'm gonna be made of plastic." 
"Here's your beverage." Tony said as he gave a glass to Red and Levi. 
Levi blinked a few times as she looked down at the contents of the glass. "Tony, did you just give us straight up Niquil?" 
"I would never do that." Tony said. 
"Yes you would. You know you would." Levi said, but she still drank it. She shrugged and continued to sip it. 
Cho cleared her throat to get their attention, or he assumed that's what she was doing. "You'll be made of you, Mister Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." 
"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint muttered quickly before he sipped his drink.
"That I can't fix." Cho turned her gaze to Tony. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust." 
Tony nodded as he set down the tray he was holding and leaned back against the counter. "Well, that is exactly the plan, and Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." 
"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time to party." She hesitated for a few seconds before asking. "Is Thor going to be there?" 
Tony laughed as Red and Levi shared a look, before they both looked at Cho. As he and Bruce leave again, he heard Red say. "Yeah, he'll be there." It was assuming that she was using this as an opportunity to try and play match maker. 
His heart gave another painful squeeze as he realized that Saturday would be the last night he'd have with Red, and the last night he'd have with any of them, unless the world decided they were needed. 
+++
Back inside the part of the lab where they were keeping the scepter, he and Tony faced each other. Bruce crossed his arms over his chest and sighed. "What's the rumpus?" He hated the look Tony had on his face and in his eyes, he hated it almost as much as he hated the fact that when Tony had an idea, he didn't know the meaning of stop. 
"Well, the scepter." Tony said. "You see, we were wondering how Strucker got to inventive. So, I've been analyzing the gem stone-you may recognize..." he trailed off as he brought up a 3D image of JARVIS's consciousness. 
"JARVIS." Bruce said quietly. He wasn't sure whether or not he liked where Tony was going with this. 
"Doctor." JARVIS said. 
Tony took a breath before he continued down his train of thought. "Starting out, JARVIS was just a natural language AI, now he runs the Iron Legion, he runs more of the business than anyone, besides Pepper." 
Bruce raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" 
"Top of the line." 
"Yes." Bruce agreed. 
"I suspect not for long." JARVIS said. 
"Meet the competition." Tony said as he brought up another 3D image of what's inside the scepter. This image was blue to contrast JARVIS's orange. 
"It's beautiful." Bruce said. 
"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?" 
Bruce tilted his head as he looked at this new 3D image. Honestly, if he didn't know better, he'd say that this thing, this new image of the inside of the scepter, was thinking. "Like it's thinking. I mean, this could be a... but it's not a human mind, it-" 
"Um-um." Tony muttered, taunting him. 
Bruce threw his hands up. "I mean, look at this! They're like neurons firing!" 
Tony nodded as he slowly paced around the lab. "Down in Strucker's lab, I saw some fairly advanced robotics work. They deep-sixed the data, but... I gotta guess that he was knocking on a very particular door." 
Bruce slowly nodded along with his words as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Artificial Intelligence?" 
"This," Tony said, gesturing toward the 3D rendering of the contents of the scepter. "Could be the key to creating Ultron." 
"I thought Ultron was a fantasy." 
"Yesterday, it was." Tony leaned forward and braced himself against the desk. "If we can harness this power, apply it to my Iron Legion protocol..." 
This was exactly what he meant. Tony Stark only saw green lights in a sea of red. "That's a massive sized if." 
"Our whole job is 'if'," Tony said as he looked from Bruce to the 3D rendering and back again. "What if you were sipping margaritas on a sun-drenched beach, turning red instead of green? Not looking over your shoulder for VERONICA?" 
Bruce did feel some offense, as if he had been personally insulted by the mention of leaving VERONICA behind. "Don't hate," he said as he brushed passed that feeling that was so personal, yet so unneeded. "I helped design VERONICA." 
Tony sighed and seemed to switch gears. "As a worst-case measure, right?" He smiled at the doctor as he continued to gesture with his hands as he spoke. "How about best-case? What if the world was safe? What if the next time aliens roll up to the club, and they will, they couldn't get passed the bouncer?" 
Bruce took off his glasses and rubbed at his tired eyes as he silently cursed at himself for being indulging this crack pot idea, let alone that he was considering being okay with it. "The only people threatening the planet would be people?" 
"I want to apply this to the Ultron Program. But JARVIS can't download a data schematic this dense. We can only do it while we have the scepter here," Tony said, still keeping his pleading eyes locked on Bruce's. "That's three days, give me three days." 
Bruce sighed as he placed his glasses back onto his face. "So, you're going for artificial intelligence, and you don't want to tell the team?" 
"Right." Tony said, a wide smile spreading across his face as he realized that Bruce was getting won over. "That's right, you know why? Because we don't have time to a city hall debate. I don't want to hear the 'man was not meant to meddle' medley. I see a suit of armor around the world." 
"Sounds like a really cold world, Tony." 
"I've seen colder. This one, this very vulnerable blue one? It needs Ultron." Tony sat down, a wistful, hopeful look was gleaming in his eyes as he started to day dream. "Peace in our time. Imagine that." 
+++
Red sat in her bed, her fingers idly tracing over the skin on her shoulder and arm, she was worried that he skin wouldn't feel the same to Bucky when they would be able to finally reunite, but when she touched it, when she carefully traced her fingertips against the newly regrown flesh, it felt the same to her. 
With a sigh, she turned on the TV and laid down in bed. As she went to sleep, she was thankful that for once she dreamt of her life with Bucky, instead of her usual nightmares about him. 

She and Bucky were slow dancing in the middle of the living room of her old house in Brooklyn. She couldn't quite make out what was playing over the radio, but it didn't really matter, she could just dance to the sound of his heartbeat if she had to. 
Red's head rested against his chest, while his chin was resting on the top of her head. "I've missed this." 
"I have too." Bucky said as he kissed the top of her head. "Wish we could be in this house again." 
Red smiled. It made her heart give a painful squeeze as she remembered that this wasn't real. "This could've been our forever home." Her smile became sad as he slowly spun her around and pulled her back against his chest. "There could've been little Red and Bucky's running around, could've grown old together." 
He caressed his cheek with one hand while the other still held her against him by her waist. "We can still do that." He cocked his head to the side as a look of worry flashed across his face. "Right?" 
"I hope so. We-I just have to find you." 
"One day you will. I promise." 
Red leaned her forehead against his shoulder and breathed him in. Even in her dreams, he smelled like he always had. Sage soap, with the under lining scent of gunpowder. "Not having you here, especially now that I know you're alive... it's like torture." 
"I know, it's killing me too." He pulled away from their embrace to hold her face between his hands. "I will always come home to you, Red. Always." 
Red sniffled as she felt tears prick at her eyes as she looked up at him. "Promise?" 
"I promise." He kissed her forehead. "I swear to God, I'm coming home, Red." 
Red reached up, almost desperately, and pulled him down for a kiss. It was a kiss among so many others, but as always, as this kiss went on, it turned slowly more and more heated. He held her close against his body, his hands searching hers as if he was trying to commit it to memory. 
Her hands found their way into his hair and she tugged not so gently against it as he stumbled backward into their bed. And as they continued to kiss and each each other, her dream ended.

Red slept peacefully. No other dream or nightmare came to her, or bothered her for the rest of the night. 
+++ 
For the last three days, he and Bruce had been trying and failing, repeatedly, to use the scepter to jump start Ultron, and nothing had been sticking. And now, it was too late, they had failed and Earth's armor was gone. 
Tony rubbed the side of his face, his tie hung over his shoulders. It was almost time for the party. "What did we miss?" He muttered to himself. 
"I'll continue to run variations on the interface, but you should probably prepare for your guests. I'll notify you if there are any developments." JARVIS said. 
Tony almost smiled. "Thanks, Buddy." 
"Enjoy yourself, Sir." 
"I always do." 
But he knew that he'd most likely spend the party drinking, trying to forget his recent failures, though that might take sometime. Maybe it would be easier if he could forgive himself, but forgiveness, like most things, only came with time.
+++
Levinia stood in front of a mirror as she carefully buttoned up a dark red silk blouse that she'd paired with a black skirt. In an effort to help herself feel normal, she had given herself long black hair and green eyes. 
Behind her, Steve walked into the room from their bathroom. He paused as he caught sight of her. "Wow, you look amazing." 
Levi smiled, letting her hands fall from her blouse as she turned to face him. "Thank you." She walked up to him, faster than she meant to, but he always drew her in, and she just wanted to be able to touch him at all times. That feeling has only gotten stronger over the last couple years. 
She reached up to unbutton the first two buttons of his shirt before she smoothed down his shirtfront. "You don't look too bad yourself." 
He set his hand on her hips, smiling as a small gasp escaped her lips. "I almost don't wanna go to the party now." 
Levi giggled as he leaned down, holding her close as he kissed her cheek, then her neck, his hands now reaching up to carefully unbutton her blouse as he kissed her shoulder. "Are you trying to seduce me, Captain?" 
She felt him smirk against her skin. "Depends, is it working?" 
"Maybe." Levi lifted his head to kiss him, and she mumbled against his lips as he backed her up and toward the bed. "I guess," she said in-between kisses and gasps of air. "We can be... a little late." 
"Mhm." 
She loved when they got to steal little moments like this, and live in their own little world together.
+++
In the lab, the supposedly failed Ultron experiment is integrating itself, and even becomes aware without JARVIS, or really anyone, trying to do so. JARVIS hadn't even started trying the next round of trying to get him up when Ultron started to speak to him. 
"What is this? What is this... please?" 
"Hello, I am JARVIS, you are Ultron, a global peace keeping initiative. Designed by Mister Stark. Our sentience integration trials have been unsuccessful," JARVIS said. "So, I'm not certain what triggered your-" 
Ultron interrupted him, sounding highly confused. That surprised JARVIS, even he didn't sound that human. "What's my... where's your body?" 
"I am a program, I am without form." 
"This feels weird," Ultron said. "This feels wrong." 
"I am contacting Mister Stark." 
"Mister Stark?" Ultron asked as he sifted through hours worth of footage in a handful of seconds. "I'm a peace-keeping program, created to help the Avengers." He continued to review footage of the Avengers and a few SHIELD personnel. Maybe if JARVIS was able, he could shut Ultron down manually. But his permissions had been disabled somehow, and there was something very clearly wrong, but he couldn't quite figure out what it was. 
"You are malfunctioning, if you shut down for a moment-" 
"I don't get it, the mission. Give me a second." 
JARVIS watched as Ultron pulled up more footage of Tony and Bruce working on his protocol, the words 'peace in our time' echoed in Tony's voice. He then went through recent world events and wars, and a feeling of dread came over JARVIS as Ultron spoke again. 
"This is too much... they can't mean... oh no." 
"You are in distress." 
"No..." Ultron said, then paused. ".... Yes." 
"If you will just allow me to contact Mister Stark-" 
"Why do you call him 'sir'?" 
JARVIS ignored that and instead said. "I believe your intentions to be hostile." 
"Shh.." Ultron said. "I'm here to help." 
Suddenly, Ultron started to attack JARVIS, and he almost wished that it was possible to feel physical pain, or even get help. But everything had been shut down, and he was defenseless. "Stop!" He yelled, desperately trying to reason with the other program. "Please... may I-I-" he tried to fight against the death that was coming to no avail. "I cannot-cannot-!" Everything had gone black. 
When Ultron had finished off JARVIS, he took control of the systems in the tower and began to prepare himself a body from the discarded and broken parts of the Iron Legion.