"Like what?" Yuvraj couldn't help but smirk in order to lighten the atmosphere and ease the tension between them which seemed to grow ever since he confessed his feelings for her.

"Like you wanna eat me?" She replied rather proudly repeating the sentence she read a hundred times in her books. She couldn't help it especially when he was gazing at her like her books described.

Time seemed to still as they both inhaled sharply realising what blunder she did like always whenever he was in front of her.

His heavy gaze lingered on her as if he was starved for a century and she was the only available food on this planet.

Ruhanika ducked her head down, cursing herself in her mind for speaking too much and getting in trouble like every time.

Yuvraj bit back a reply at her blatant vulgar question, not wanting to make her uncomfortable especially now when he knew she would grasp the exact meaning behind his words unlike before.

He ran his hand through his face as he held her hand catching her by surprise. Her eyes met his for the umpteenth time and he sucked in a sharp breath before muttering something under his breath.

He was whipped.

He focused on bringing his heartbeat to normal but who was he kidding, it always seemed to be erratic whenever she was near.

Knowing it would be no use, he cleared his throat, once again shifting her attention back to him as he asked the question revolving in his mind,

"Why does your brother hate me?"

Ruhanika fisted her hands, her eyes narrowing in his direction for asking a question like this. Slumping down her shoulder she swatted away his hand that was holding her and ran a hand through her face blowing a cold sigh and leaving his question unanswered.

Yuvraj could feel frustration crawl inside him at her careless attitude.

His heart tugged at the thought of her not caring an ounce about him or his emotions and just like that he felt utterly vulnerable from inside and accused her in a helpless and defeated tone,

"Why!? Why are you like this Ruhanika? As if you just don't care-"

"Because I don't!" Ruhanika snapped at him, her eyes glaring at him in anger. She was so done with all this.

He had made her life and mind a complete mess in this entire week as if he was trying to flip her entire planned life with his confession and ignorance. And the worst was he had been successful at that.

She wanted so badly to not care. So badly to just shrug his emotions off like a heartless person because for once she wanted to be selfish but... he had been making things difficult for her.

So difficult.

He gulped a lump formed in his throat and recoiled the urge to physically flinch at her harsh words stabbing right through his heart.

"But I- I love you," he hushed helplessly cradling his bleeding heart as he gazed at her vulnerably.

He couldn't help himself but come out desperate.

Yuvraj Rathore had never been in love before and it was just getting too much for his poor heart to handle.

Love was just too painful.

Or maybe,

Loving her was too painful.

Ruhanika flinched at his words, tears filling her eyes seeing the way he was looking at her with so much hurt and pain.