Two

~TWENTY YEARS LATER~

"Wake up, it's time for training!" yelled a female voice. 

My eyes snapped open, a faint orange glow filling the small dark room. I reach over and open my shutter, letting the early morning sunrise enter. I roll off my branch and land on the floor, I rub my eyes and look around for my scouting armor. The door was on the opposite side of the room in line with my window and bed. To the left of the door was a small desk with some scrolls, a quill, and some ink. My bow was hanging with its arrows on the wall beside the desk.  

Sitting in the corner, to the right of the door, was my armor rack. The iron chest and back pieces were colored to match the leaves of the trees that we hide in. The boots, along with the gauntlets, were painted like the bark of the trees. One side of the cloak that was strapped to the shoulders was made to look like the forest floor, while the inside was like the top of a lake. The perfect camouflaged armor for a scout. I walk over and toss on my armor, lace my boots up, and strap my gauntlets on. 

After I put on my cape, I walk over to my bow rack and string the bow up. I then grab my quiver and bow strap. My bow and arrows don't strap to my back like everyone else, they strap to my side, slightly angling forward. It use to be my fathers. He was banished from the tribe when I was really young so I don't remember him at all. My mom says I look just like him. 

"Hurry up or you'll be late! Tomorrow is your exam and you can't scours a late day," my mother yelled. I look at my window, just wanting to jump and take the quick way down. I smiled and just did it. 

"Already gone!" I yelled, diving through the window. 

I flipped in the air and soared down to the ground. Reaching the ground face first, I put a hand out, and catapulted myself across the ground to a nearby tree. I kicked off the base of the tree towards another tree. I kept repeating the movement until I reached the group of scouting elves, all wearing the same armor as me. They all spotted me and stepped out of my path, letting me lend on the tree behind the group. Instead of kicking off towards another tree, I kicked up and did a backflip, landing at the base of the tree. 

"You're late," said one of the elves. 

"I'm not late, you're all just early. Besides, the Head Scout is late," I said, leaning against the tree. 

"And I'm sorry for that, the Keeper needed some assistance on a decision that needed my opinion," said an older elf, stepping from behind my tree. "So on with your final lesion. Have you all chosen and practiced you magical element?" 

"Yes," everyone said. Everyone else already knew what everyone had chosen, except for me, which left a lot of unwanted gazes towards me. I kept silent and waited for the head scout to continue. 

"Well today I'm going to evaluate on your magic. Each one of you will show me what you've chosen. We will do this individually. Now, who's going to volunteer first?" 

"I will," said Zepta, a male elf who was talented with a sword instead of magic. He was slim, average height of around 6'10" and had a sword strapped to his back. His short red hair spiked, making it look like he had horns. 

The head scouter nodded and beckoned the boy to follow him. They went deeper into the forest. The rest of use broke up into groups of two and started sparing. I got stuck with Zepta's best friend, Heman. 

Heman was also a skilled swordsman, but not as good as Zepta. He mirrored Zepta in size, but had his sword strapped to his side. His green hair looked like a leaf had wrapped around his head. His oak colored eyes always showed signs of strategizing, trying to find the best way to do the task at hand.