012

02x01

Buckaroo <3

rain check on movie night?
my sister is here

It was a blessing. Jamie wasn't sure she could handle being so close to him in a dark room right now, with her emotions all over the place. She was glad she wasn't the one who canceled, he would've known something was up. 

of course, tell her i said hi :)

She dragged Angel and Jordie with her to the bar instead, looking for the distraction she so desperately needed. She hadn't told them about her newly discovered feelings, she just told them that she was feeling sad about her breakup, and they didn't ask too many questions. 

______

She tried to join her coworkers in the gym the next day, but she was so hungover she was just lying on a yoga mat with sunglasses on her face, sipping from her water bottle, desperately trying not to look at Evan working out. 

"Whew, rough night?" Chimney smirked at her. 

"Fun night, rough morning," she responded with a groan. 

Eddie entered the gym, right away going for the punching bag. He started punching and kicking it, and Jamie lifted her sunglasses a bit to watch as Buck went over to get some more weights. Chimney looked at Jamie and chuckled, and she responded the same. They knew what he was doing, trying to prove that he was stronger and tougher. 

Then, he pulled out his phone attached to a selfie stick and started taking selfies. Jamie almost laughed. 

"You're in the wrong light, man," Eddie commented. 

"Some of us don't need lighting to look good," Buck responded. 

"Oh, god," Jamie groaned. "Why don't you just take out your penises right now and measure them so this little contest of yours can be done?" 

"You're never drinking again," Buck pointed a finger at her. "You lose whatever little filter you have when you're hungover."

"Hey, Eddie," Chimney approached him. "What'd you mean by the wrong light?"

"The light in this room is flat and blue," he informed him. "Makes you look soft. If you want to look lean and muscles to pop, you need warm side light. I'll show you." He pulled out his phone and showed him some pictures, Jamie couldn't be bothered to get up from her spot on the floor to look at them. "These are the ones I sent in for the calendar."

"It's, uh, kind of cheating, submitting pictures by a professional photographer," Buck complained. 

Eddie chuckled. "The photographer's 12. She's my niece. She's a master at the iPhone filters."

"Your niece did this?" Chimney asked, clearly impressed. 

"Yeah."

"You think she'd be willing to take my submission pics for me? I'm told I photograph like an Asian Fabio." 

Jamie groaned loudly as she pulled herself up from the floor, joining Buck at the bench he was sitting at. He put his weights down as she placed her head on his shoulder and he put his cheek against her head. 

"You know, you really shouldn't get his hopes up like that," Buck told Eddie. "No offense, Chim." 

"That's mean," Jamie scolded him. "Besides, we all know that if women were allowed in this calendar I would beat you all."

"Yeah, she's right," Chim nodded before he walked away. 

"What's your problem, man?" Eddie asked Buck.