"A Typical Evening"

~Late September~

It was a chilly winter evening and the ground was covered in frost, along with frozen crispy leaves which scattered the gravel path leading up to Downton Abbey. Joseph Molesley was on his way to meet his soon-to-be wife, Phyllis Baxter, after she'd finished her duties for the night in the castle. It was pitch black and quite late in the evening, and Phyllis was collecting her things to meet Joseph as she'd just returned downstairs after attending to Lady Grantham for the night.

~20:08pm~
Phyllis and Joseph walked hand in hand back to their cottage, the gravel path and the crisp leaves crunching under their shoes.

Joesph:
"So how was your day?" Joseph beamed up in admiration towards his soon-to-be wife.
Phyllis:
"It was alright, the usual. Mrs Patmore shouting at Daisy, Mr Carson on his general patrol." She smiled back at him.
"Anyways how was yours? Are the children behaving?"
Joseph:
"They seem to be getting used to me. More quiet than usual, but I suppose that's because they're all smothered in colds, this winter weather certainly isn't helping things" he chuckled as he unlocked the door to their cottage.
Phyllis:
"I'm sure they will learn a lot from you in time. You've certainly taught me a lot, like how to smile and to be happy, be kind, be - I don't know - loving" she beamed up at him with such love and care.
Joseph became lost in her loving doe-like eyes like a trance.
Joseph:
"I do love you very much you know." He smiled, still lost in her eyes.
Phyllis:
"I know you do, so do I" she smiled up at him with glassy eyes.
He took her head in his hands and she placed her hands on top of his, as he pulled her in for a long, soft, loving kiss.
Joseph:
"I'm so proud of you, you know. After all of your past, how far you have come." He smiled, Phyllis leaning into his touch with his hand on the side of her cheek.

~21:12pm~
Joseph lay in bed, listening to the glowing orange fire crackling and snapping, as he waited for his fiancée to finish in the bathroom. He was wearing faded blue and white pyjamas, and Phyllis was wearing a silk rose gold nightgown, with her hair in soft plait trailing down the back of her head. They both shared a double bed with four pillows and a thick duvet, along with a red throw blanket over the top. Joseph slept on the left and Phyllis slept on the right.

As Phyllis walked over to the bed, Joseph swiftly moved the duvet with one move of his hand.
Phyllis:
"Such a gentleman" she chuckled, climbing into the bed.
Joseph:
"I know" he proudly grinned, immediately wrapping his arms around her tummy and holding her tight as soon as she climbed in the bed, tucking his chin into the crook of her neck.
She intertwined her hands with his, wrapped around her stomach, and smiled.
There wasn't a night that went by where they weren't cuddling each other.
Joseph:
"I'm never letting you go, I love you too much" he mumbled into her ear, stroking her stomach.
Phyllis:
"I love you too. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I will forever be thankful. Thank God for these evenings, I hate you not being around at Downton" she sighed.
Joseph:
"I will always be around. In here-" he leant over to kiss her forehead as she laughed.
"Here-" He kissed her heart,
"And most of all, here."
He turned her head towards him and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips, as she kissed him back with such love, both of them not stopping, almost breathless, roping their arms around one another, as things escalated from there. 🥰