itoshi rin x f!reader

↳˗ˏ'my faultˊˎ˗ ↴

↳˗ˏ'my faultˊˎ˗ ↴

 ! angst, cursing, mentions of blood

YOU were just about to go see your boyfriend of 3 years, itoshi rin. he worked at a soccer industry and usually comes home late. today was a special day. it was your birthday today and you just came back home from picking up your cake. 

you saw a lunchbox on the counter and realized it belonged to rin. ' how unusual, rin doesnt usually forget stuff like that. oh well, i guess i'll go drop it off at his work place. ' you thought while grabbing your keys and heading out the door. the drive to rins work place was short, after all, it was only about 5 minutes away from your apartment.

" uhh lets see, blue lock department, room 107 ? i think that what his room number was. " you mumbled, walking up to the receptionist.

" hi there ma'am, how may i help you ? " the lady said. her nametag read ' amelia ' and she had blonde hair and green eyes. 

" i'm here to see itoshi rin please ? " you said with a smile. the lady was confused why you needed to see him.

" alright, may i ask why ? " the receptionist asked. she wasnt skeptical or anything, its just that rin wasnt very famous among the industry and hardly anyone outside the building knows him.

" i'm his girlfriend of 3 years and he forgot his lunchbox at home, so i decided to drop it off here. " you replied.

the receptionist look shocked, then gave you a pitiful look. " room 107, down the hall to the right. " she gave you one more apologetic glance before going back to her work.

you followed the directions and reached the room itoshi rin was at.

 warning : [ cursing ]

you could hear slight chatter and it sounds very feminine. you could also heart rins voice too. you opened the door, before widening your eyes at the scene before you. rin, your fucking boyfriend, was making out with another girl. yes thats right, rin is fucking cheating on you with another woman and your standing there trying to understand what you are seeing.

" tch, unloyal bastard. " you muttered before throwing the lunchbox at rin, causing his attention to switch from his side hoe to you. " y/n... what are you doing here ? " rin said nervous. 

" we're over. right here, right now. go back to that stupid side hoe that looks like fucking ronald mcdonald. " you spat before stomping away with tears spilling from your eyes.

rin ran after you, yelling out your name several times. he grabbed your wrists, preventing you from going any further. " what now eyelash jr. " you said rolling your eyes.

" y/n im sorry, please, dont leave. " rin begged. " you rolled your eyes yet again before breaking free and ran away.

unbeknownst to you, a car was about to hit you and you paid no attention to it whatsoever. the sounds of your pathetic cries drowned out the screams and warnings your now ex boyfriend was yelling at you.

rin tried everything to get your attention, yet he was too late. a crash was heard and rin could see crimson red blood splattered all over the road. not just anyones blood, your blood.

multiple sirens were heard and you were taken away on a stretcher. the driver was being taken to questioning and you were being driven to the hospital.

all of a sudden, rin felt sick. he felt this pang of guilt in his heart that continued to spread as he watched the ambulance slowly become distant. 

-- time skip --

rin was at the hospital, pacing around back and forth as he waited for a doctor to come out and say " shes fine, she will live. " but nobody came. he ran his fingers through his hair in stress. if maybe he had never let you go, would you have been hit ? if he was fast enough, maybe you wouldnt be laying in the emergency room while 6-7 doctors are preforming multiple tests on you to keep you alive.

finally, a doctor came out. rin thought that you were alive, you and him could go back to normal, start a family, and die happily. but no, the doctor came out shaking his head, indicating that

you were no longer here.

rin requested to see you one last time before your body was taken away. the doctors hesitantly agreed before letting rin in.

he stood besides your corpse on the hospital bed. your face was all pale and your body was motionless. the heart monitor displayed a straight line, and no life energy was to be detected.

he cried. itoshi fucking rin was breaking down in the hospital next to you. he wanted you to just come back alive and comfort him, tell him everything will be alright. he wanted to hear your soft voice everytime he was stressed.

its selfish, i know, but he cant help it. he loved you way too much to let you go. he didnt want to lose another person. rin already lost his brother, he cant lose the love of his life. why did he do something so stupid, like cheat on the most wonderful person anyone could ever ask for?

the truth is, rin felt a gap in his heart. he felt like he was missing something, but cant quite figure out what.

he thought that maybe you werent the one for him. pathetic, right? he thought that if he had an affair with another woman, the gap in his heart will be filled. 

if only itoshi rin knew that the reason he had a gap in his heart was because he had been so distant towards you. 

and now , he cant do anything about that. the gap will forever continue to grow and grow. 

love is like a game, one wrong move and its game over. 

you can try again and 

again and

            again and

                         again

but no matter how hard you try, you can never beat the final boss. it takes a lot of time, and effort until you can finally succeed in beating the game.

maybe, if rin just spent more time and effort in you, then all of this wouldnt have happened.