♠ While there's still time ♠ - Chapter I

♢ ♢ ♢

Trigger Warning: Graphic blood descriptions, blood, gore, bullying, panic attack (breif), neglect (?), and overall angsty themes, don't read if that's not okay, hope you enjoy this chapter.

♢ ♢ ♢

There was a weird stillness in the air, a dead aura hanging around the body of yours. Looking around you stood motionless.

Your life wasn't always like that, sometime ago the thought of clinging onto your survival everynight would make you laugh as you'd walk away and not spare another second of your time. Although you wish that life would come back to what it used to be, it's not how it goes. One day you were celebrating Anne's birthday and now you're stuck in some kind of alternative dimension or reality, at first it was a shock. Waking up along a line of trees, with no humans or cities in sight was rather freaky, scared and confused, the only thing keeping you company were mutant bugs grown to hate any other beings walking around.

In no time you realized that the place you ended up in was dangerous. You changed, from a teenager with no care in the world to a survivalist. You wanted to find your friends, figuring that if you ended up here, Sasha, Anne and Marcy had to be here too, somewhere.

After what seemed like a month you decided to travel around instead of staying put in the swampy area of the forest, you had enough expierence with those bloodthirsty monsters to explore rather safely. Every waking hour during your travels was filled with dread and panic, you couldn't help it. What if your friends were in danger, the one you faced everyday?

By now time has passed dreadfully slowly, you found your way around this place, finding out there were frog, toad – like creatures living here. All hateful and bashful towards anything different than them, they feared things higher on the food chain, and scared off creatures who were smaller. Accepting your, monstrous in their opinion, self was hard. There was no doubt that your presence wasn't welcome at all, they stared and whispered when you walked, and ran if you looked in their direction.

What a change of scenery, one day a teenager, stuck in a middle school full of judgmental youth, next a so–called wolf amongst the sheep. No place welcomed you with open arms, without Anne, Sasha and Marcy you would be a nobody in middle school, an extra lost in the background while the main characters take up the foreground.

You weren't popular, more of a loner, not by choice though. Respecting your peace ended up with you being alone, it wouldn't be bad if the popular girls of Saint James middle school weren't so quick on picking up your rather lonely presence, looming over the corners of corridors, a ghost stuck in halls. Gossip spread like wildfire, at the time you were a rather athletic person, people started to whisper about you beating others in a fit of rage, rather viciously, that of course, never took place. How could one so quiet and left to themself do those things? Sometimes, hearing the tales, you were baffled how someone could come up with such things.

People laughed at you behind your back, you were fine with that, for the most part. But with time your bullies got more comfortable with you not fighting back, there were no consequences to their actions, from that time forward they started to test their luck, shoving you into the lockers, destroying your books, taunting you and so on. You were a patient person, sure, it hurt, but was there anything you could do to stop the torment?

One day, a popular girl, Sasha Waybright, hosted a party for everyone in the school. You came, thinking that you don't get invited to parties anyway, what's the harm in a one time event after all. The party was huge, coming in the middle of it was a bad idea, everyone was already in the zone, some drinking a sneaked in boose, some already passed out on the floor, walking around the poorly lit living room you took in the scenery, a person snuck behind you, putting a hand around your shoulders.