Consequences will follow you forever - Chapter II

TW: VIOLENCE, BLOOD, MURDER, INSANITY 

WORDS: 1K

There was a lot of rush at the Toads Tower that day, it was the time of their daily training, Lieutenant Sasha left to train with her assigned group early that day, she thought about what she saw, could it really be? You? Alive? It wasn't really possible was it? She almost died here, when she saw that person, that thing, that reminded her of you, she felt this weird thing, why didn't you say anything? You didn't stop her from leaving with Toads, that thing just stood there, blankly staring at them, it didn't even seem to breathe, it just kinda was there, like a statue.

Everyone who lived or fought in the Toads Tower knew about the weird "Dark Knight", they knew that Captain Grime sent his best spy to investigate, because of this everyone awaited for a response. Spies wife was checking in daily for any kind of letter from her husband, even without any confirmation she was sure that he was doing his best, and probably finished his business there quickly, she believed he was near the Tower, just days from it.

Only if she knew what future really awaited her husband, his cold corpse was now dragged from the crime scene, leaving only a letter and blood behind. You still were out of it, doing everything like a robot, automatically, you were humming a tune while you dragged his body on the forest floor. Branches and leaves were slowly stopping the waterfall of blood, the dirt mixed with crimson liquid was closing all of his wounds.

You buried his body a walk away from the hut, you made him his own little funeral, you left his things next to his make-shift grave. You left the things that were really important while he was alive, his documents. The things that were a documentation that yes, he was in fact alive once. You left them for people to know, whose grave it was.

You were losing yourself, losing the control of your emotions, losing the track of how long you weren't really there. Amphibia was your curse, your personal hell. It was the limbo you were stuck in with no way out. With no way to catch your breath, it felt like floating. You were floating in a pool, you knew there's no way out of it. Once you get tired you will start to drown. Or maybe you already drowned, and came back to haunt the ones that were still alive?

Once you finally came to your senses, you had blood and dirt all over you, you looked down on your feet. You looked at the freshly made grave, it had blood on the stone you put as to simulate the graves in the human Realm. You saw that you scratched out the name and date of death of that Toad, you looked down on your hands, your nails were disgusting, bruises covered your hands, blood and dirt all over them, you did it bare handed, you scratched out his name bare handed. A shiver went down your spine, a wave of shame fell on you. You killed him, well, it wasn't your first time killing. You killed murderes from Amphibia before, but at that time you knew you did good, now, you're not sure. All you know is that you killed a creepy Toad like thing that tried to stalk you, or at least you think it tried to.

You fell to your knees looking at what you have done, Amphibia is bringing your insanity out to the daylight, Amphibia will be your doom. You covered your head, like your victim did before, but it wasn't you, was it? That thing wasn't you, you weren't in control. You looked at your knees, underneath them you saw a trail.

You followed the trail of blood back to the cottage, you saw clues for what you did. The windows were cracked, leaving a spider web pattern covered in droplets of your blood, you looked once again at your hands, your knuckles were bruised and bloody, it has been a while since you did it, at least that's what you thought.

The blood was almost dried, you heard nothing, the townsfolk were always scared of weird noises coming from the woods, but now when the world fell silent, it was scarier then any type of scream could be. You stood there, like a statue, also silent like the world you were in. You felt the crushing weight of your action, you didn't kill a killer, you killed just a stalker, you could let him go, but even you couldn't do anything. You looked at the cracked glass, your reflection showed you someone way different then what you remembered, your reflection looked happy, but you surely weren't, the person looking back at you started to laugh, you couldn't take it anymore, you punched the cracked window as hard as you could, the half broken glass couldn't take it, it shattered, sharp parts of it got stuck in your hand, blood covered your hand once again, just like minutes ago.

You looked at your hand, maybe if you cut it off you could be free? No, you couldn't, you knew it. You killed him, and now you have to live with the bad thing you did, you don't get to be redeemed for it. There's no way to change your actions, the consequences will follow you forever.   

You felt a metallic taste of blood in your mouth, it made you gag. Your nose was bleeding, you started to cough, dry coughs turned into coughing up blood. Your body was collapsing, no sleep and lots of stress did its job. You slowly turned away from the cottage, you headed to the village. You had to clean yourself after the thing you did.