Chapter 13 - Overwhelming Darkness

Tears slowly began to stop and only a few would escape and roll down her red cheeks.

Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks were dry from tears and her hair was a mess.

She had spent so many years forming bonds with her so called friends in Konoha. They all betrayed her.

"PINKIE-CHAN!!"

Ever since that "incident" with her former friends, Tobi has been calling her sweet names to try and cheer her up. As much as she loved it she would budge, she would no longer open up to anyone. She was afraid that everyone would end up like people in Konoha.

"Go away Tobi," Sakura muttered and hide her face in her knees.

"Don't be sad Pinkie-chan, we all love you, don't listen to those barbarians," Tobi answered and his voice darkened when he said the last part.

"Tobi, why does your voice sound different?" Sakura questioned and picked her head up, anxious to hear what his next word would be.

"I-er..." Tobi paused and he cleared his throat. "You are hearing things Pinkie-chan, Tobi only has a cute voice because Tobi is a good boy." Sakura could hear the disgust in his voice.

"Tobi is-"

"Sorry Pinkie-chan, I have to go back to room and check on my er.... pet rocks, BYE!" You could hear his loud footsteps getting fainter as he stormed down the hall.

When Sakura looked up she found a raven haired man standing above her.

"Out of all the people, you talk to Tobi?"

"Tobi is a good person and I have a feeling he won't turn on me."

"So you're saying you trust him?"

"More than the rest of you, well Sasori-san treats me with respect, well sometimes, the other half he's just a cranky, old, rusty puppet that doesn't like to show his emotion."

At point in time Sasori lifted his head and spun it towards the door. "I feel like someone's talking about me," Sasori muttered and went back to working on his "art".

"Even me?" Itachi looked down as if hurt.

Sakura's ears twitched. She averted her gaze to the man she referred to as weasel. Was Itachi actually showing some sort of emotion to her.

Sakura whipped her eyes with back of hand and looked up at Itachi with a grin, "Is the emotionless Itachi caring for little ol' me?" Sakura mocked Itachi.

"Tsk." Itachi brushed a piece of loose hair behind his ear.

Sakura stood up, stretched her arms in the air and let out a sigh. She caught the gaze of Itachi as she headed for the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" Itachi asked.

"What does it look like?" Sakura retorted.

In a matter of minutes Sakura was out of the bathroom. Her hair in a neat low ponytail and her regular attire.

"I think it's about time I get out of this room, I'm getting sick of looking at the ceiling and walls," Sakura scoffed.

Itachi allowed a grin to slip and Sakura smiled slightly.

"Alright, then let's get to training?"

"Really?!" Sakura exclaimed and opened her door. "I just get out of bed and you're making me train already!"

"I'm only listening to Pain-sama's orders, if you cooperate you'll be allowed on missions."

Sakura's eyes widened, "Really...he'll let me leave this place, no restrictions or boundaries I can be free!"