Elves & Giants

"The only way you can defeat me is by drinking the blood of mortals!" bellowed the giant atop the mountain. He stood fifteen stories tall, wearing nothing but a large loincloth and a crown, made from several giant trees woven together. His skin was gray as stone, as if he was a petrified statue of Medusa given life, and was extremely muscular. His white hair hung down to his shoulder blades. 

The man he yelled down the mountain to was an eighteen year old elf. The elf was lying in the middle of two broken trees that had fallen on top of him as he was thrown down the mountain. He wore ebony elven armor that was made by his beloved, a master blacksmiths daughter. His ebony gauntlets were scratched, torn, and was missing huge chunks out of them, showing the scars on his wrist. He had a tattered, crimson cape that mirrored the back of his armor. He had long black hair, braided down to his lower back. His eyes were black with hatred, and his skin mirrored that of the giant's. 

The elf mumbled under his breath, and then he pushed the trees off of himself. He crawled to his feet, coughing up some orange blood. He looked around for his weapons. Laying at the base of a shattered tree, to the elf's left, a sword seven feet in total length, was glistening in the red moonlight. Stand, hilt deep in the soil, next to the giant sword, was a staff with a four foot blade and a four foot, leather bound handle. The elf sighed with slight relief as he spotted the staff. He disliked using the sword, it was unbalanced for his hand, and preferred the staff as his companion in battle. 

He slowly made his way over to the staff, collapsing a couple times before reaching it. He had several broken ribs, ruptured organs, and his left led was shattered to pieces. Once his hand grasped the blood stained leather handle, the elf's felt renewed strength. He pulled the staff out of the ground, and a clap of thunder echoed through the air. He spun the staff around his hands several times, and then slammed the handle down. 

A flash of lightning brightens the dark night and a lap of thunder followed. Thick clouds quickly rolled in, blocking the red moon. Then rain started to fall. At first very lightly, but then it picked up, acting like a waterfall fell across the entire area. The elf slowly began to levitate, and then he started to rise. 

The giants deep laughter rolled down the mountain like an avalanche, almost drowning out the sound of the hard rain for a moment. The giant jumped off of the mountain, sailing across the sky and then landing on the other side of the valley. He turned and started for where the elf was floating, crushing trees with every step. 

The elf looked deep into the giant's pale eyes. He spun his staff around a bit and then pointed the blade at the giant, who smiled. The elf then sprang forward, attacking the giant head on. The giant back handed the elf and he went flying back towards the mountain, hitting it with force ten times gravity. His body pushed the solid granite, making a small tunnel. The elf knew that he couldn't take much more of this senseless beating and needed a way to kill this giant. He laid there, quickly forming possibilities, trying to figure out a way to defeat him. With each plan, he quickly discarded it. While not finding any good plans,, the elf felt someone pulling his feet, and he slid out of the tunnel. He flinched when he landed on his shattered leg. 

A female elf, elfe, caught him as he toppled over, pulling him to to the side as a tree flew towards them. She set the male elf down started to go back for his weapon, but he grabbed her arm. She wore a green dress that only went down to her knees. Her oak hair was half up in a fancy hair style, while the rest was scattered. She had scratches all over her legs and face, along with some dark red and yellow bruising. 

"Drink the elfe's blood!" ordered the giant. "You know you can't beat me unless you do. Come on now, do it." 

The two elves stare deeply into each others eyes. A silence between them that was only there because words couldn't be spoken. A single tear ran down the females face. She leaned down over the male's face, her neck bare. The male tried pushing her away, but she pulled grabbed a sharp, jagged rock and cut across her neck, letting the orange blood flow. The male pushed his hand against the cut, trying to stop the blood. The female pulled his hand away and fell on top of him, forcing the blood down his throat. 

The elf drank the blood as it was forced down his throat. He heard the giant laughing at him. He felt his eyes changing from the black of hate to the orange of elven blood. His pale skin slowly darkening to the same shade of his eyes. Power coursed through his veins. When the blood stopped flowing, the elf rolled the other elf off of himself, and positioned her behind a rock. He pulled himself against a rock and slowly rose. He shot his hand out towards the splintered tree, and his staff flew through the branches and into his hand. He looked into the eyes of the giant, orange electricity arcing from the blade of the staff to his side. 

"You will die tonight, no matter what," said the elf in the giant's language, his voice covered with death. 

"It's about damn time my own son starts talking to me," said the giant with a thunderous laugh.

 *******

"What's happening now, papa?" asked a little elfe. She wore a small blue dress and was holding a doll close to her chest. 

"I don't know sweetie, but I know for sure that the elf will bring your sister back," said the older elf. He was sitting on the root of the great oak tree that was the center point of the small village. 

He opened his mouth to say something but another elf shouted, "There they are!!" 

The elf in ebony armor was walking towards the village, the rain poring down on top of him. He held the female in his arms, her head resting against his shoulder just right to where no one could see the cut on her throat. Everyone who saw the elf gasped and moved out of his way as he walked. The little elfe that was standing beside her papa smiled, not noticing what everyone was doing. She started forward but was stopped by her papa, who stood in front of the girl. 

"What happened?" he demanded. The orange elf didn't say a word until he was within whispering distance. 

The older elf looked down at the female in his arms and saw the cut on her neck. The old elf stepped back and finally noticed the jagged rock that was place on her chest, the sharp edges stained by the orange blood. 

"How dare you do this to us. First that giant steals my daughter. Then you come back after drinking the blood of your own kind, let alone your bride!" yelled the man. 

"Enough!" yelled the orange elf. He turned and walked towards the small hut that he owned. 

The man started to follow, but his daughter stepped in front of him, shaking her head.