Chapter 2: The demon

"Sure, why not?" You replied as Mark grabbed the board from the box and set it down on the floor. Both of you sat around it and stared at each other for a moment.

You couldn't help but admire Mark's facial features. You'd always had some feelings for him since the first time you met one another, But you were too afraid of ruining your friendship with him to confess.

"So, do you wanna go first?" Marks voice snapped you out of your dazed state and you blinked for a few seconds. "Hell no, It was in your attic so you're going first." You declared, causing Mark to shoot you a playful glare. "Fine, I will you coward." He grinned, placing his hand on the planchette.

"Fine, let's do it at the same time." You said, putting your hands on top of Marks, His expression suddenly becoming startled for a moment. "O-Oh yeah okay great idea-" He said, looking at your hands and then at your face.

Mark then cleared his throat and turned his eyes to the board. "Are there any spirits in this room that wish to speak with us?"

Silence.

"I knew this was bullshi-" You started before getting interrupted by the loud crack of thunder and lightning outside. The lights in the house flickered accompanied by the sound of heavy rain falling, causing Chica and Henry to start barking loudly and Mark quickly stood up to go check on the dogs without a second thought.

Now alone in the room, you stared down at the board for a moment before just picking it up and putting it back into the box. You headed towards the attic and took the key from your pocket, opening the hatch and entering the attic to put the board away. You approached the large trunk and looked around for the key, confused that you couldn't find it.

Maybe you'd misplaced it? You actually didn't remember locking the trunk at all, So looking for the key probably wasn't a big deal. You lifted up the lid of the trunk, expecting to be greeted with the odd looking ragdoll, but it was gone, the trunk was completely empty..You suddenly heard a loud thud from Mark's office and dropped the box, running out from the attic as fast as your legs would carry you.

"MARK?!" You yelled out as Chica and Henry ran to you, barking loudly. You got no response, just more noises of things being thrown in Mark's office. You opened the door and your eyes were met with a disturbing sight. Mark laid on the ground, scarred and bleeding while a figure stood over him, staring down at him.

You stood there, horrified at the sight of seeing Mark so injured. The attics key slipped from your hands and fell to the floor with a simple 'clink'. The noise caused the figure to turn towards you.

You stared at his face, terrified and confused. The figure had Mark's exact features, With some small changes. The figure in front of you had skin that was a pale grey, eyes that were almost completely black with the exception of his silver pupils, and while Mark had a gaze that was warm and welcoming, The man in front of you had a cold and predatory gaze in his eyes, stood about a few inches taller than Mark, wore a crisp white suit with a black tie, and had an aura of red and blue surrounding his body. Just like the doll..

Despite seemingly having fought with Mark, He was completely unscathed. It was obvious that the figure in front of you wasn't human despite most of his features. You tried opening your mouth to speak, But no sound came out.

You could only stand paralyzed, gazing upon the monochrome demon, whose presence drained almost all colour from where he stood. The demon merely bent down and grabbed the key with his sharp claw-like nails. "I'll be taking this." He said, placing it in the pocket of his suit before approaching you. He looked at you and grinned, revealing his sharp fangs to you. "Cat got your tongue, dear?" He questioned mockingly, tilting his head.

You continued to just stare, unable to find any words. The demon took your hand and brought it up to his lips, placing a kiss on it and then gazing into your eyes. "I've been waiting a long time to get some..personal time between us, Dear Y/N. Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Darkiplier.