The Gang Wins the World Series

Börja om från början

"Wow, that's incredible." Karma stepped forward. "You make it sound like you're one of the chosen."

Sugino looked at both his sides, where Karma and Nagisa stood to back him up.

"That's right. I am." Shindo spoke confidently.

Sora deadpanned at that. The dude plays baseball and he has that much of an ego? The guy made Koro-sensei seem humble.

Nagisa and Sugino's faces turned grim as they glared at him. The captain's expression only darkened and he carried on. "Don't like it? Then I'll show you at the Ball Game Tournament. There are those who are chosen to stand at the top and those who aren't." The Team's smiles became sinister as they looked down on the E class. "You'll see the huge gap that's already opened between us at our age."

____________________

"A class versus class ball game tournament, is it?" He said perked up. "Cultivating healthy minds and bodies using sports... most excellent!" He chirped before a dramatic display of paper and a question. "However, why is Class E not in the bracket?!"

"Oh no! E Class being excluded from major school activities? What a surprise!" Sora gawked, doing his best Surprised Pikachu face.

"E-Class doesn't get entered into the tournament," Mimura answered, head leaning on the back of one hand. "Due to the splendid reason that there'd be an odd number of teams." He continued sighing. "Instead." He carried on. "We have to play an exhibition game at the end."

"Exhibition game?" Koro-sensei titled his head.

"Emphasis on 'have to' by the way." Sora quipped.

"Basically it's just a spectacle." He said dryly. "As the entire school look on, we get pit against the baseball club and the girls the girls' basketball club."

"I see, so it's the same old same old," Koro-sensei said with a small sweat on his round head.

"Yep." Kataoka chimed.

"Are you surprised?" Yuki asked.

The vice president, the class rep and their teacher as well the students turned their heads when they heard chairs being moved. Terasaka and his two friends had readied themselves to leave.

"We aren't sticking around to be a laughingstock." The big boy said. "You guys handle it however you want, see ya." After saying his part dryly, the three walked away paying no heed to Isogai's calling out for them to wait.

"If it's baseball, the go-to guy'd be Sugino." Maehara turned his head to the darker haired boy once the class got it together again. "Got any secrets we can use?" He asked.

Sugino hung his head. "It's impossible." He said warily.

Sora deadpanned. "Well aren't you an optimist."

"I'm not trying to bring down the mood but- our baseball club is pretty strong." He said. "Especially Shindo, our current club captain. His powerful fastball has even gotten the attention of the prestigious high schools. A star pupil and a star athlete it's like, unfair."

The remaining class watched him with empathy.

"But, you know... I want to win, Koro-sensei. Not just put up a fight. Win." He had a baseball in his hand as he tightened his grip on it whilst continuing. "I don't want to lose at the baseball I love. After getting kicked out of the baseball club and coming to E class, my feelings have actually only grown." He paused for a moment, his expression hardening.

Sora nodded. "Gotta say Sugino. I live the speech, great passion. But-"

"So excited! So excited!" He nodded his head with a grin. The class blinked, taken aback by their teacher's antics.