the ghost of what i can't absolve

woah finally! a trailer! woa

desc from ao3: 

the amazing digital circus? the amazing digital GAY.

(or: pomni loves caine, and caine loves pomni! absolutely none of pomni's unresolved past traumas from the real world are here to rain on their relationship parade, right?)

(...right?)

(i wanted to write something caine/pomni related for myself, bc they make my heart explode yk? sadly, i made it kind of angsty.

eek! the personal traumas every human is implied to have in their pasts! aaah! scarey!!!

(ps: sorry for being inactive a bit, i'm a sophomore now and school has been crazy with a capital c @_@ i promise i'm not dead <3))

────────────

Caine, you're being followed by the ghost of what you can't absolve.

Say, you wanna go somewhere?

So does she. Her ghost.

But she's not dead, no. She's just going through hard times.

You wanna know 'why?',

But lately...Something's hanging off of your tongue.

"...MAY I ASK YOU A QUESTION, MY DEAR?"

After what had seemed like an eternity of mustering up the courage to do so, Caine had finally managed to get a hold of Pomni just as the troupe was settling down from another one of the circus's many performances.

A soft, confused hum came from the jester in response to the words he stumbled out, almost as if she hadn't expected to be asked anything at all that night as her gaze met the ringleader's own.

"S-Sure, what do you need...?" She replied, the corners of her mouth turning up into that usual timid smile that nearly made his heart melt in his chest.

The ringleader hesitated for a moment, wringing the staff in his hand as he took the time to gather his words together, before looking Pomni in the eyes and asking:

"...IS...IS ANYTHING...WRONG, MY DEAR?"

The eager curiosity in Pomni's eyes dulled into realization, and Caine watched the jester cast her gaze to the floor as the smile faded from her face, an uneasy silence filling the room.

...

"...It...It's nothing, Caine. I'm okay, really." She finally muttered a reply after a second or two, a hint of defensiveness creeping into her tone as she bit her bottom lip and continued to look away from him.