Chapter 10: The End of an Era

Vanessa, Jessica, Tiffany, and I walked into school together, our faces devoid of emotion. Our reputation had been restored, and once again, everyone feared us. Emily had left the school of her own accord, unable to face the embarrassment and the consequences of her actions. While we prepared to graduate, she would not finish high school.

As my name was called on stage, I confidently strode up, smiling. My dad joined me, presenting me with three gold medals, numerous ribbons, a sash, and a bouquet of flowers. Afterward, he waited for me at the bottom of the stairs while I took my place in the center of the stage, ready to deliver my final speech at the University of Beverly Vale.

"Hello, fellow students. I guess this is it, huh? The end of our high school journey. I know you're all probably expecting me to say something touching or inspirational, but let's be real, that's not really my style.

First, I'd like to thank the teachers. You've all been so... persistent. You never gave up on trying to cram information into our heads, no matter how irrelevant or boring. I'm sure it will all come in handy someday... maybe.

To my classmates, what a ride it's been. You've all been like the chapters of a book I didn't really want to read, but had to because it was assigned. Some of you were like the long, drawn-out descriptions of scenery that I skipped over, and others were like the plot twists that I didn't see coming and shook things up a bit.

To the popular crowd, keep shining in your own little bubble. The real world might not be as forgiving as our high school, but who knows? Maybe you'll luck out. And to the nerds, keep being you. The world needs more people who aren't afraid to be themselves.

As for me, I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life. High school has been like a bad sitcom - predictable, repetitive, and full of unnecessary drama. But it's time for the season finale, and I'm ready for a new show.

So, here's to the future. May it be filled with less high school drama and more real-world success. Thanks for the memories, or whatever.

Goodbye, and good luck. You're all going to need it!"

The applause was thunderous as I descended the stage and posed for a photo with my dad, mom, and brother. But then, chaos erupted. A loud bang echoed through the air, and my family rushed to the car.

My friends and I raced to find the source of the noise. On the rooftop of the school, we discovered Zephyr and Emily. Zephyr held a gun, and it was clear they were responsible for the loud bang.

I quickly pulled out my own gun and aimed it at Zephyr. Emily stood beside him, unarmed. I grabbed the microphone and hurled insults at Zephyr, trying to provoke him.

"Just because you couldn't handle my worth, doesn't mean I'm going to lower my standards. Love isn't about losing yourself, it's about finding someone who truly appreciates you." i said to Zephyr in the microphone.

I glanced around and saw several students lying on the ground, bleeding from gunshot wounds inflicted by Zephyr. He had gone mad, all because I hadn't reciprocated his love.

Without hesitation, I shot Zephyr in the head, ending his reign of terror. Vanessa snapped a photo of the four of us before the tragic event unfolded.

"Even in a garden of roses, beware the hidden thorns."