Chapter 30- Back To Real Life

Start from the beginning

Rafe took my hand and escorted me out of the shower, wrapping a clean warm towel around my body. Then he did the same to himself, tying it just above his v-line. 

We both walked into the bedroom. Rafe handed me one of his shirts and a pair of boxers which I gladly wore. 

Then we finally went to bed, it was pretty late and I was tired. 

"Baby?" Rafe said to me, I was half asleep so I answered simply by humming. 

"Can you please tell me what happened?" he asked me. 

That woke me up immediately. "Rafe," I sighed. 

"I know you don't want to talk about it but just this once can you please tell me? I need to know, please," he begged. I sighed and nodded my head. Rafe deserved to know, and maybe, if I told him, I would heal even faster. 

"Uhm, so he took me to the place where you guys found me," I started to say. The words were struggling to get out but I kept going. 

"I asked him why he was doing everything, and he said that he loved me and that he missed me, then he said that our break up was my fault and that I was a slut." I said. Rafe clenched his jaw and I could see his angry expression through the moonlight. 

"Then he said things about how I shouldn't love you, he said that after the things that he would do to me you would break up with me," as I said that I saw Rafe's eyes change, from anger to an expression I couldn't quite recognize. It seemed full of regret, fear, and anger, all mixed in one. 

"I told him to not say stuff about me and you and he pointed a gun to my head. Saying that if I didn't do what he told me to he would shoot me. Then he tied me up, undressed me, and then he..." I said, struggling to finish the sentence. I was scared to even look at Rafe, look at what his face would look like. 

I think the silence spoke for itself, revealing what had happened. 

As I said the whole thing out loud, I could feel it get out of my chest. Somehow it became the past. The feeling that it gave me was peculiar, something that I couldn't predict. 

I felt almost as if Daniel was gone, as I said the things that he would tell me out loud, I understood how stupid they were. They were all lies, that somehow worked on me. For the first time ever, I could feel the power back into my body. 

Daniel wasn't in control anymore. I was over it. I don't know how I was. Another thing that Rafe saved me from. 

"Lil," Rafe said softly. It brought me back to reality. "Shh, it's fine, I'm good," I said and closed my eyes. 

I still hadn't looked t his reaction, and I wasn't going to.

________________________________________

"Lil," Sarah yelled. I stood up from my towel where I was tanning and walked to where Sarah was lying. 

"What's up," I asked her. 

"Can we go out today?" Sarah asked me. 

"Yessss," I said with a big smile on my face. 

It was just two days later, and in these two days, I had taken some time to myself. I surfed a lot and also read a few books. I almost devoured them, as I usually do with romance books. Today I had hung out with Pope and now I was by my pool with Sarah. 

Rafe and I had called a few times but we didn't actually see each other. Surprisingly I was able to be myself without any panic attacks. I was so proud of my progress, I was starting to feel like the old me. 

"Should we go clubbing on the mainland? We can bring our fakes?" Sarah said and I smiled. 

"I'm so down," I said and she smiled. 

"Let's make it us two only, no boyfriends," Sarah said. 

"I don't know Sar," I said. 

"What? Why?" she whined. 

"It could be dangerous just us two," I said, as much as I wanted to just go us two, a part of me wanted Rafe there too. 

"Lil, we will be fine, we can sleep at a hotel, take a cab, and we will be safe," Sarah whined. "Okay! If you say so," I said. 

Notes from the Author: 

Sorry that this is shorter but I want to make a whole chapter abt them going out. Also sorry that it took me so long to update but I got really busy! 

Trust me that the main plot hasn't even started! 

Please vote and comment your thoughts so far!

Love you all so much! X!