Erna: !?

Erna: There it is! The scent of misfortune that was coming from Big Brother Caelus!

Erna: How unfortunate.

Caelus: It really is. When the battle was being discussed during my time at the academy, the teachers told us that they can't even imagine the destruction wrought by the Empire.

Caelus: That's why during the treaty, the Town of Magnolia shall be neutral and shall never be attacked in times of war.

Caelus: If anyone violates that rule, they will be hanged or life-imprisonment.

Caelus: "The people of Magnolia witnessed the darkest side of the war. They witnessed how the artillery shells destroyed their homes, took away the lives of thousands, and razed the town to the ground. "

Caelus: To think that such things can happen.

Erna continued walking with Caelus as he explores the town.

Unknown to Erna, she is walking on the hometown of the young man she's with right now.

But Erna kept her guard up as she caught the scent of misfortune on Caelus.

Caelus: You shouldn't have followed me all the way here.

Erna: Oh. Teach asked me to follow you.

Caelus: I see.

Caelus: I can't visit my old house, I hope no one is there.

Erna: Hm?

Caelus went to check the shops around the town.

Caelus: It's been around 10 years ever since I've been here. Back at home.

Caelus: Maybe I can also try to find my father.

Caelus also began to ask around about his father but in a discreet way by only showing a photo of his father.

Yet he got nothing.

Caelus: And here I was hoping that he'll come to visit.

Caelus: Nevermind.....

Caelus brought a bouquet of daffodils.

Erna: ???

Caelus: Please, don't follow me. I have something to do for a while. Go back now.

Erna: But...

Caelus: Please, I can handle this myself.

Erna: .....

Erna only nods and left Caelus be.

Erna: The scent of misfortune is still lingering from Big Brother Caelus.

Erna: I have to follow him somehow.

As for Caelus, he went to one place in particular......the cemetery, specifically to the gravestone of his family.