Chapter 9

3rd POV. Garden, Heat Haze Palace.

Klaus already informed Lamplight about their next mission.

The team shall be split into two and it is an assassin hunt.

Klaus notified them that he will choose the four strongest in Lamplight to come along with him to hunt the assassin named Corpse.

Caelus was an exception among the four strongest members of Lamplight as Klaus finally assessed that with his level right now, he is about to be as strong as Ember during her peak.

His mission is to provide intel and back up to all the groups as per instructed by Klaus and Grete.

Caelus also used the intel he had gathered against Corpse which lead to the completion of the plan. This even surprised Klaus and Grete as to how much information Caelus acquired in such a short time.

However, Caelus decided to revise the plan just a little bit. This even surprised Grete and Klaus during their strategy meeting.

Klaus: Are you sure about this, Caelus?

Caelus: Yes. Don't worry, we'll follow as per Grete's orders. Besides, Teach, you're the only one who can do it.

Caelus: As on my level right now.....

Caelus: I won't be able to fulfill that particular task. Not until I can finally perfect Ember's swordsmanship.

Klaus: If that's how it's going to be......

Klaus: Magnificent.

Right now, the plan is set in motion.

Caelus and the rest of Lamplight are just waiting and making for their preparations.

Caelus was done with his preparations, he's just biding his time. As of now, he's currently in the garden, practicing his swordsmanship.

The Academy where Caelus graduated had a special training class that was reserved to those with special skills.

One of them was swordsmanship.

But in a world where guns are mainly used, no one really bothered training swordsmanship, but instead turned into marksmanship and hand-to-hand combat.

But when Caelus found out he has a knack for swordsmanship, he took the swordsmanship classes and was the only student.

It definitely made sense to Caelus as to why he got a feeling that wielding the sword is natural to him, his mother turned out to be the strongest swordswoman in the history of the Din Republic.

Caelus draws the Blue Rose Sword from its sheath, gets on his stance, and began his practice swings. His movements are graceful and refined, yet they contain accuracy and discipline.

His sword attacks created a flower pattern, a rose pattern, in memory of the previous owner of the sword, his mother.

Caelus: But if I have to surpass my mother one day, I have to create my own swordsmanship. I don't want to walk on my mother's shadow.